Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 11:34 PM

Default $600 PLO I\'m not sure of my play on every street.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $6 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($120)
Button ($521.85)
SB ($394)
BB ($1251.30)
Hero ($798)
UTG+1 ($639)
MP1 ($519.75)
MP2 ($537)
MP3 ($451.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $6.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $27</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $27, MP2 calls $27, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $27, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($123) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $90</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $90, Button folds.

Turn: ($303) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $300</font>
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 PM

Default Re: $600 PLO I\'m not sure of my play on every street.

I usually play the same way, but you have a lot of freedom in how to play this hand.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually play the same way, but you have a lot of freedom in how to play this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Every street looks horrible to me.
Most any hand he could have that has a pair on the board has the equity to call you. Basically, you are praying for a fold that won't come often enough.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Every street looks horrible to me.
Most any hand he could have that has a pair on the board has the equity to call you. Basically, you are praying for a fold that won't come often enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You think he calls with any pair? lol wtf
Old 12-18-2006, 10:06 AM

I would've bet the full pot on the flop.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:16 AM

I don't like preflop so much but fine if you have a super-loose aggressive image. I would swop round the betting on the flop and the turn, i.e. I prefer to bet closer to the full pot on the flop and 4/5 or less on the turn as it looks much more like value.

BTW did you ever consider giving reads at all? Do you get reads when you're on the table?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:55 AM

I personally dont care for raggy kings to warrent an utg raise. I would personally have limped in. I like betting full pot on the flop as it looks less like a scared continuation bet and more like aces with nfd.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like preflop so much but fine if you have a super-loose aggressive image. I would swop round the betting on the flop and the turn, i.e. I prefer to bet closer to the full pot on the flop and 4/5 or less on the turn as it looks much more like value.
Looked at my PTO stats I only have 22 hands but he was 45/13 hadn't played many big pots and was passive post flop.

BTW did you ever consider giving reads at all? Do you get reads when you're on the table?

[/ QUOTE ]
I get reads but the problem is normally when I play PLO I play short sessions so I'm often not that sure, I'll look in my PTO and see his stats.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:09 AM

As a disclaimer, I am new to PLO and play $100, but I will toss out a few thoughts anyhow.

I think is an easy fold UTG. It can't withstand a raise and Kx suited adds little value, although I think limping is reasonable.

As played check/fold the flop. The chance of taking down a 4 way pot on the flop is just too slim (even if its dry). (Higher levels might give enough respect to make this c-bet profitable)

Even though you might be ahead, as played I shut down on the turn. Your committing half your stack w/ 1 pair oop. Your bet also leave you with a decision I'd rather avoid on the river if he calls, and you HAVE to fold if he reraises.

.......Does this make a NIT?
Old 12-19-2006, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a disclaimer, I am new to PLO and play $100, but I will toss out a few thoughts anyhow.

I think is an easy fold UTG. It can't withstand a raise and Kx suited adds little value, although I think limping is reasonable.

As played check/fold the flop. The chance of taking down a 4 way pot on the flop is just too slim (even if its dry). (Higher levels might give enough respect to make this c-bet profitable)

Even though you might be ahead, as played I shut down on the turn. Your committing half your stack w/ 1 pair oop. Your bet also leave you with a decision I'd rather avoid on the river if he calls, and you HAVE to fold if he reraises.

.......Does this make a NIT?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes this does make you a nit if your folding kkxx pf what are you playing aces and rundowns?