Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 03:19 AM

Default Re: question concerning police and weed

yea california, which is relatively liberal about minor possession of mj.

You could be right, but the outcome was not bad for us, and it could of been much worse, had we put up a fight about it.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:21 AM

To clarify,

the reason Fedor did the right thing is because the cop alluded to having legal precedent to search atleast the driver and likely him given the drivers prior possession charge/him looking high, so in this instance it's much better to be forthcoming, what have you got to lose if he's searching your person anyway?

But if its some random encounter where they have no authority to search you and are just making sure you're not drunk/viewing your registration etc, being like 'I'VE GOT WEED', or even being honest about doing drugs is stupid as hell.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:29 AM

Fedorfan, I am blown away by your friend's "be honest to cops and consistently get away with illegal activity" approach to life. It's awesome that it works, but damn, I can't believe that it works. Wow.
Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 AM

once your friend admitted to having smoked weed it is much better that you came forward. Police are given a lot of leeway when it comes to the utilization of dogs when searching for drugs during a stop. Legally he easily could have brought the dog over (probable cause was there when your friend admitted to having smoked weed) and ended up searching the car as well as you. Cops are people just like you and I. They have good and bad days, and generally are fairly reasonable when it comes to minor infractions. People don't seem to realize this because they always hear so many horror stories about the [censored] cops, which is fairly unfortunate.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fedorfan, I am blown away by your friend's "be honest to cops and consistently get away with illegal activity" approach to life. It's awesome that it works, but damn, I can't believe that it works. Wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually we all joke about how good he is at getting away with this kind of stuff. He's the type of guy who is a natural salesman, very personable, and always gets stuff for free or gets "hooked up", and it's disgusting how easy he pulls girls as well...disgusting.

But i agree, that in most cases it's best to denie and denie, unless it's blatantly obvious, in which case being honest to a cop will probably result in the best outcome most often.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually we all joke about how good he is at getting away with this kind of stuff. He's the type of guy who is a natural salesman, very personable, and always gets stuff for free or gets "hooked up", and it's disgusting how easy he pulls girls as well...disgusting.

But i agree, that in most cases it's best to denie and denie, unless it's blatantly obvious, in which case being honest to a cop will probably result in the best outcome most often.

[/ QUOTE ]

What race is he?