Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Quitting Everything

UPDATE:

complete failure. i probably smoke less cigs now, but i am definitely consuming more of the others. i suck

Old 12-17-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cigarettes are way, way worse for you than the others. Quit smoking tobacco first.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really....

"Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco."
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of people that smoke cigarretes smoke A LOT, and EVERY DAY. Chronic marijuana users are much more rare.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cigarettes are way, way worse for you than the others. Quit smoking tobacco first.

[/ QUOTE ]

not really....

"Marijuana abuse also has the potential to promote cancer of the lungs and other parts of the respiratory tract because it contains irritants and carcinogens. In fact, marijuana smoke contains 50 to 70 percent more carcinogenic hydrocarbons than does tobacco smoke. It also induces high levels of an enzyme that converts certain hydrocarbons into their carcinogenic form—levels that may accelerate the changes that ultimately produce malignant cells. Marijuana users usually inhale more deeply and hold their breath longer than tobacco smokers do, which increases the lungs' exposure to carcinogenic smoke. These facts suggest that, puff for puff, smoking marijuana may be more harmful to the lungs than smoking tobacco."
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

[/ QUOTE ]

The majority of people that smoke cigarretes smoke A LOT, and EVERY DAY. Chronic marijuana users are much more rare.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't think too many people smoke 30 joints a day. Well, maybe Willie Nelson but not too many others.
Old 12-17-2006, 11:34 PM

roll up the weed, and ignite the fire
Old 12-18-2006, 12:30 AM

to my understanding an average person loses the physical need for cigarettes after 11 days... the first week or so is very difficult.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:34 AM

Thread title was misleading. I thought it was going to be more along the lines of

Old 12-18-2006, 01:25 AM

Good luck. Careful not to overindulge in one vice and take it to a critical level because of the stress of quitting another vice. It's kind of easy to do that and can be really dangerous.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:38 AM

my brother quit smoking after several tries by reading this book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-.../dp/0140277633
Old 12-18-2006, 01:50 AM

i've finally kicked smoking (haven't had one in over a year now) and it took MANY tries. i know how hard it is. what was probably the impetus this time is that i smoked a shitton one day (like 2 packs) because i was stressed out and that gave me a terrible heart arrhythmia that sent me to the ER. my heart's fine, but the doc said that smoking, coupled with the stress and caffeine i was also abusing made it happen. scared me so much that it got me to finally quit.

you'll need nicorette (at least i did). they have a nice new flavor called fresh mint and another one with a fruit candy-coated shell. both taste better than the old nicorette which tasted like ass. use that, keep the willpower, and you'll get there. also, do not hang around others who smoke (if possible) and NEVER drink with smokers, there's no way to avoid falling back into the habit if you do that. good luck
Old 12-18-2006, 01:54 AM

From my understanding of drugs and addiction (limited) I would quit the weed first, cigarettes second and coffee 3rd. I would make sure you don't up cigs to compensate for weed. Drink as much coffee as you like, it's really not going to make one difference or another. You should be able to quit weed cold turkey. Depending on your mentality/strength cigarettes can go one of two ways...It really depends how mcuh you smoke... How much did you used to smoke weed? How many cigs a day? How many cups of coffee a day? If you need any incentives for the cigs drop me a line and I can describe with pictures all of the lungs/body parts of the cadavers who were smokers that I got to see in my first year anatomy class.