Old 12-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Lucky Lucky is offline

Default Problem With Either My Affiliate Or Bodog

So I had 60% deal through my affiliate at Betholdem. They get purchased by Bodog. The affiliate says "we'll see, maybe, just wait" regarding the deal continuing at Bodog.

I dont hear from him, so i email him yesterday. Now he says:

"There is no rakeback.

Bodog refuses to "tag" you players that signed up with us at BetHoldem and were moved to Bodog.

Check out our weekly NFL Pick 'Em Contest in our forum"

This sounds ridiculous to me as other affiliates have their players "tagged" as paying rb is impossible without it. Anyway, seems odd to say the least. So I call support and email: affiliate@bodog.com with the following:

Hi,

My account was originally at Betholdem, where i signed up for rakeback under xxxxaffiliate. When Bodog purchased them, I was switched over and expected to be receiving rakeback as I receive on every site at which i play (FullTilt, WPEX, Poker.com, Absoute, UB, etc.)

My account number is: xxxxx

Anyway, I get an email from my affiliate saying he will not be paying me rakeback as my account is not 'tagged.' He says he thus cannot tell which money he receives from Bodog each month is specified for which player. This sounds absolutely ludicrous and may or may not be be true. If it is, I would ask Bodog to please specify how much mgr. I'm generating each month so my affiliate will know how much to pay me.

This will not cost Bodog a penny more and will certainly make players who generate a ton of rake each month happy, and thus more likely to play more at Bodog.

thanks,

lucky

I have not stated my affiliates name here as I cant be sure he's lying. It just seems odd this is occurring only for him, and the financial result of which is he'll make 6 times more per player by not paying rakeback. Additionally, this is an affiliate/prop program which quickly said it would no longer be able to pay americans directly after the legislation (but of course would still be receiving money for play), and would still be working as an affiliate in general. Then last I heard from him he had some idea in the works for americans to get paid and all was well. I would chalk this up to basic affiliate shadiness except that this is a fairly well known affiliate/prop site, and I'm sure many twoplustwoers are going through the same Betholdem/Bodog transition dance.

So what is my recourse? Can I be asked to be linked to another affiliate?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:00 AM
RakeBackCodes RakeBackCodes is offline

Default Re: Problem With Either My Affiliate Or Bodog

Did you previously have a bodog account? If you did that is the reason why you were not tagged to your Betholdem affiliate.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:05 AM
OnlinePropping OnlinePropping is offline
Member

Location: Sharks=Cup

Hi,

I believe you are talking about us(OnlinePropping.com).

Sorry for not sending you more info this morning. I thought that you had received the letter that we sent out about it on Thursday Dec. 14th. Note- I just checked our mail list and we have your address as koolxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com, which is different from the email address that you emailed me from this morning.

Here is the letter we sent out Thursday-

Hi All,

I just finished up talking with both Bodog and an affiliate manager from BetHoldem today. Here's everything I know-

U.S. Players were transferred to Bodog, and Bodog will not set us up as an affiliate for them, thus we "lose" all of you(we do not get paid for you). So we obv. can't give you any rake back. This is complete BS. They say that they do not allow rake back, but that is a lie. I know plenty of other rake back sites that give rakeback for Bodog and Bodog turns a blind eye.

Anyway, if you're frustrated over this I suggest that you email affiliates@bodog.com and let them know what you think. Heck, maybe they'll give you rake back themselves if you say that you won't play on their site without it.

European Players- You are supposed to still be on BetHoldem/Prima, and still getting the rakeback daily. I asked them for other info such as how long you will get the rakeback, will you be moved to Bodog, etc. Here's the answers they gave me-

Will I Be Moved To Bodog? - They don't know yet. They're supposedly still deciding.

How Long will I get the rakeback on BH/Prima? - see above

Will I be dropped to 30% rake back in accordance with Prima's announcement that they are capping rakeback across their network at 30%?- Well, I wish I could give you a definitive answer on this, but the BetHoldem managers who are still there say that they haven't heard anything about it. Man, wtf? It's pretty mcuh all over the message boards/forums that Prima announced a 30% cap for all sites on their network. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved you to 30% rakeback tomorrow, or quit giving it to you alltogether.

They also decided to weasel out of paying us any commision from November on, for you Euro's who are still getting takeback on BH/Prima. So, I told them that we wouldn't be offering support for the remaining players then.

Now, you can still email me if you have problems with your rakeback, etc, and I'll try my best to get it resolved, but you should email the affiliate manager for all questions from now on about your rakeback- Her name is Ava- AvaC@xxxxxxxxx.com

Sorry, they really screwed us all over on this one.
It is true that they are not paying us and refuse to set us up as an affiliate at Bodog and "tag" you guys back to us. We are not receiving any revenue from Bodog or BetHoldem. From your post you seem to think we may not be telling the truth and are pocketing the money.

Feel free to email Bodog and BetHoldem(see the email letter for that address(AvaC) and ask them.

Below are the emails to and from Bodog. Note the painfully slow response times from them, which is why we have been telling you "we're waiting to hear" over and over again.

From: OP Noah G <noah@onlinepropping.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 15, 2006 11:05 pm
To: affiliates@bodog.com
Subject: Former BetHoldem Affiliate- Need To Get Setup

Hello,

My name is Noah and I run the day-to-day operations for www.onlinepropping.com

The instructions that I got from BetHoldem said to email this address to get set up as a Bodog affiliate and "tag" my BetHoldem players back to us.

Our BetHoldem/BetAffiliate Account name is/was- xxxxxx
Account Details-
Name- xxxxxxxxx(owner)
Payment Info- Neteller account #-xxxxxxx
Neteller email- xxxxxxxxxxx.com
Neteller name- xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Contact Info- Noah@onlinepropping.com Contact me for all issues. Our owner is a "silent" owner.

Please set us up and move all of our players back to us for Bodog now.

Cheers, Noah
--------------------------

Subject: [RT #606528] Former BetHoldem Affiliate- Need To Get Setup
From: "Customer Service" <RT_CorrespondAddressNotSet@rt3.bodog.com&gt ;
Date: Wed, November 22, 2006 11:47 am
To: NOAH@ONLINEPROPPING.COM

Hi there.

Thanks for your email. I have looked over your site and have a few questions and comments for you. I
understand the nature of your site and am trying to determine how your business model would fit into
the Bodog system.

Bodog does not offer or support any new rake back sites at this time. It seems that the
propping/rakeback system you market would rely on high percentages to run.

Please let me know your plans in greater detail so that I can better determine if there is a way for us
to work together.

Regards,

Pete Theodoropoulos
Affiliate Manager
-----------------------
From: OP Noah G <noah@onlinepropping.com>
Date: Thu, Nov 23, 2006 11:55 am
To: AvaC@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: affiliates@bodog.com

Hello,

Regardless of if we are "allowed" to give rakeback or not, we should still be setup as an affiliate and our players that were moved to Bodog should be tracked to us.

Here's the email we got from BetHoldem on Nov. 15th-

Please be advised that Betaffiliate.com and Oasisaffiliates.com are no longer servicing your Affiliate account. On the morning of November 15th 2006, the shareholders of Betcorp Limited approved the final sale of our operating subsidiaries to Bodog Entertainment Group SA.

If you are an existing Bodog affiliate, your referred players have already been migrated to your Bodog Affiliate Account under your existing Bodog commission relationship.

If you are an active Affiliate with the Betaffiliate.com or Oasisaffiliates.com net win program, your referred players can be migrated over to a new Bodog Affiliate account. Please contact Bodog's Affiliate team at affiliates@bodog.com to discuss setup of your account

For all other Affiliates, Bodog invites you to submit an application to join their affiliate program (http://www.bodog.com/affiliates/). Bodog has a well deserved reputation for excellence and we are confident that you will find their Affiliate Program adheres to the same standard.

Well, doesn't that mean that our players that were switched to Bodog are supposed to be tracked to us now at Bodog?

Cheers, Noah
------------------------------
From: "Customer Service" <RT_CorrespondAddressNotSet@rt3.bodog.com&gt ;
Date: Mon, December 11, 2006 4:57 pm
To: NOAH@ONLINEPROPPING.COM

Hi Noah,

The email you received when the accounts were transferred stated:

If you are an active Affiliate with the Betaffiliate.com net win program, your referred players can be migrated over to a
new Bodog Affiliate account. Please contact Bodog's Affiliate team at affiliates@bodog.com to discuss setup of your
account.

We have looked at each account on an individual basis and opened up Bodog accounts for the accounts that we accepted.

At this point in time we are not accepting any new rakeback or prop related affiliate sites. Although you stated that you would work with us on a non-rake basis, the nature of the website would not suit this type of affiliate relationship with
Bodog.

I'm sorry about that; feel free to re-apply in 3-6 months if you would like to be considered again for an account.

Thanks again,

Pete
Old 12-18-2006, 01:12 AM
OnlinePropping OnlinePropping is offline
Member

Location: Sharks=Cup

[ QUOTE ]
So what is my recourse? Can I be asked to be linked to another affiliate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked RakeBackStore/Dan to do this awhile back. He asked his affiliate maanger at Bodog and they said no.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:20 AM
[...]

As I stated in my 1st reply, we are not receiving anything from them.

We sent out a letter shortly after the legislation was passed that stated that on the advice from our lawyers, we were suspending all rb programs/referral programs where we had to manually pay players, as we were and still are based in the U.S.

We are working on taking care of that and will be able to get those back up and running shortly. Most likely before the end of December.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Lucky Lucky is offline

[ QUOTE ]

I believe you are talking about us(OnlinePropping.com).

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, wasnt going to name you prematurely, as there's chance were both getting screwed by Bodog.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for not sending you more info this morning. I thought that you had received the letter that we sent out about it on Thursday Dec. 14th. Note- I just checked our mail list and we have your address as koolxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com, which is different from the email address that you emailed me from this morning.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, you're right. Hadnt checked other one, my mistake.

[ QUOTE ]

U.S. Players were transferred to Bodog, and Bodog will not set us up as an affiliate for them, thus we "lose" all of you(we do not get paid for you).

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, this conflicts with what Bodog told me on phone support last night, when they said I was 'linked' to onlinepropping.com and mgr would be paid to them. Granted, it was basic phone support I was talking to, not supervisor or affiliate director, but he was adamant i was linked in their computer to you as of last night. [ QUOTE ]

Anyway, if you're frustrated over this I suggest that you email affiliates@bodog.com and let them know what you think. Heck, maybe they'll give you rake back themselves if you say that you won't play on their site without it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did it. Hope so.

[ QUOTE ]

It is true that they are not paying us and refuse to set us up as an affiliate at Bodog and "tag" you guys back to us. We are not receiving any revenue from Bodog or BetHoldem. From your post you seem to think we may not be telling the truth and are pocketing the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, i'm not calling you a liar, as you've behaved fairly in past and have a good reputation here, which seems deserved. I'm just saying I've never heard of site having player linked to an affiliate, but not paying that affiliate. I hadnt even considered that possiblity. I honestly thought maybe the problem was similar to what happened to party affiliates back in day when party would pull trackers and affiliate would get money, but just not not who was earning what mgr.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:54 PM
Pokeraddict Pokeraddict is offline

Location: Not Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just saying I've never heard of site having player linked to an affiliate, but not paying that affiliate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokernow and Empire come to mind. When poker rooms merge affiliates sometimes get screwed. I guess this also makes it impossible for you to create another account with Bodog too. If it does that really sucks. At the very least they need to allow you to create a new account.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:27 PM
OnlinePropping OnlinePropping is offline
Member

Location: Sharks=Cup

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this conflicts with what Bodog told me on phone support last night, when they said I was 'linked' to onlinepropping.com and mgr would be paid to them. Granted, it was basic phone support I was talking to, not supervisor or affiliate director, but he was adamant i was linked in their computer to you as of last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's news to me.

Every correspondance I've had with Bodog they refuse to set us up as an affiliate.