Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2006, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Should I have laid this down?

[ QUOTE ]
lease be patient with me and please, please do not ignore me. I truly appreciate your comments and want them in the future. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries, you are FAR from going on ignore [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I admire people who are willing to learn! I am a sponge, always absorbing new ideas and information - I would never turn my back on someone who is trying to learn as well.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2006, 10:13 AM

Superb job TT
Old 12-17-2006, 05:05 PM

I have been giving my recent play a lot more thought. Something that I believe that I am doing, and is illustrated by this hand. I have been running cold, not seeing a lot of decent starters or decent starter bricking out, and in the low stakes games you see a lot of player playing utter garbage. Limping with paint in the door including non bring kings, or calling raises with (k9)A and similar holdings. A lot of times they will call with any 2 babies ect. It seems that I after watching this I think that I am getting buck fever when I see any 3 babies. I am not taking into account how live I am. I am just going wow I got a hand charge!!! This is not meant as an excuse for how I am playing, I realize that want these players to play like this. But I need to work on this part of my game as it can be costly. Do you have any suggestions for me in regard to this. I realize that identifying the problem is a big step to dealing with it. Thanks
Old 12-17-2006, 05:58 PM

Did you not even look at the dead cards on 3rd?
Old 12-17-2006, 06:34 PM

I did but not as closely as I should have and did not give them the value that I should have. See my last post in this thread as to why I did what I did here. This is an issue that I need to deal with and I working on it any advice you or others have to offer here is appreciated.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you have any suggestions for me in regard to this. I realize that identifying the problem is a big step to dealing with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm... do you use Poker Tracker? Why don't you post your stats so we can make a broad strokes analysis.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:11 PM

No I do not use poker tracker. I have heard many good things about it. I have been thinking about getting it, but have not pulled the trigger yet. I am guessing it is something that I should do soon.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No I do not use poker tracker. I have heard many good things about it. I have been thinking about getting it, but have not pulled the trigger yet. I am guessing it is something that I should do soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Today. No more excuses. As you are playing open the gametime window for each table so you can see a birds eye view of your opponents play. It makes it easier to remember who is loose, who is passive, who is a calling station, and who is laggy. Of course it allows you to track your own play, and after 5,000 or so hands report back to us with some statistics. I can't believe you haven't used it to date, for no other reason than to track your play for taxes its mandetory!