Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: Which one video site would you pick?

I don't mean the OP specifically but why is it that whenever there are these CardRunners threads a ton of people are always crying about the $50 sign-up fee?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mean the OP specifically but why is it that whenever there are these CardRunners threads a ton of people are always crying about the $50 sign-up fee?

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense taken. If I was you and I saw everyonoe cry about it I'd be pissed too probably. I'm not really complaining, like I said I believe that it's worth it, but what's wrong with looking for the best deal? I do it shopping online all the time, I check out the couponcodes to see if I can save 10% or something. Some may call me cheap, I call it frugal :-)
Old 12-14-2006, 08:56 PM

If you pay for 12 months membership up front, they waive the signup fee. But then of course, that is $240 anyways.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you pay for 12 months membership up front, they waive the signup fee. But then of course, that is $240 anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that might be good, will I be using the site for a year or do you get your use out of it and then quit for a while? If you think I will continue using it for a year I'd rather save the money and pay up front.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that might be good, will I be using the site for a year or do you get your use out of it and then quit for a while? If you think I will continue using it for a year I'd rather save the money and pay up front.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've used it for 6 months and I am signing up for another 3 this month. I think it's worth it.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:09 PM

Do their videos help your live game too, I mean you actually learn poker strategy right? I mean I'm assuming you can apply it to live games, but just wanted to verify. Sorry if that's a dumb question.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do their videos help your live game too, I mean you actually learn poker strategy right? I mean I'm assuming you can apply it to live games, but just wanted to verify. Sorry if that's a dumb question.

[/ QUOTE ]

videos help most w/ hand reading
Old 12-15-2006, 12:26 PM

I have openly criticized andrew for his incessant watching of fox news, but there is no doubt he is both a smart guy and very good poker player. he has been beating the 5-10 and 10-20nl games for about a year and a half now.

tc
Old 12-17-2006, 08:21 PM

Taylor,

I am a poker fan of yours,but you don't know jack when it comes to newsgroups i see. Fox news is no worse than CNN,any of the network morning shows,MSN,etc. I am of the opinion that ALL of the news shows have their agenda. Fox is no better or worse than any of the others. I guess it depends mostly on your political leanings.

As for Andrew,Speedlimits, how in the world do you equate his sporting habits or his news watching to his level of play in poker? To answer the OP question, Cardrunners is an excellent tool for helping your game. As mentioned, Taylor(Green Plastic)is great at providing analysis of the pace of the game,giving reads on players and their hands. That alone is worth the membership.