Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 03:13 PM

Default Observed $4/8 at Commerce last night

The setup:

I've been to Commerce three times in the last month and haven't played a lick yet. I keep going there to eat at Eden with my wife, but she gets bored sweating games so I don't force the issue. Last night, we did it again and my buddy was playing $4/8 at the same time. I went over after dinner with the Mrs. and sweated the game for twenty minutes. It was insanley live and passive. One interesting hand came up. Comments please.

Preflop. UTG limps, and everbody calls to the SB who two bets it. Everybody calls. (18 sb - rake).

Flop

2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] j [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked around to UTG who bets. Everyone calls.

(27sb)

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

sb checks, bb bets, UTG raises, half the players fold and half call including the SB who is all in for six bucks.

(about 21 bb)

River 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

checked to UTG who value bets again (remember, I'm just sweating this game and to me UTG seems monster strong). Called in three spots including the BB.

UTG shows 53o

two players muck.

SB accidentally flashed AKo unimproved and mucks.

BB shows 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and mucks.

Final pot: grotesquely huge

Other than UTG is an idiot preflop, can anyone else find a fold on the river (as the BB) in this draw heavy board and this hand (66) inside of a pot thats gotta be 25bb with two overcallers when the BB failed to fill up?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Observed $4/8 at Commerce last night

I think you really have to have a read on UTG as insanely passive & straightforward to even consider folding a set on the end for 1 bet. And I doubt he's going to have that read on UTG, seeing as how he bet an OESD into 5,000 people on the flop. But really, there's no reason at all for BB to rule out UTG having 22 or 44, and one or both of the river callers just having top pair or some other pocket pair that they won't fold.

So really, aside from the PF limp by UTG (and even that isn't terrible if the table is playing that loose & passive), I think all three of them played their hands the way they had to.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:09 PM

Yeah the only fold I might find is the flop with 66, but if I'm getting 27:1 and closing the action, I think the only choice is call. Also if I don't have the 6 of Spades, I'll probably fold the flop.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:59 PM

As BB,I would have 3-bet the turn.Wouldn't have turned out well,but I think it's correct.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:03 AM

Lolz welcome to Commerce.

If I was BB I'd 3-bet and call the turn, though I'd be momentarily pissed at UTG. Only momentarily because I'd be pretty sure he'd be giving me alot of money later on (especially after I changed seats to put him on my right).

Games are like this even up at 9/18.

AB