Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 03:38 AM

Default Re: 99 flop action

Flop should check and see what happens.

Board is semi-coordinated, lot of bad turn cards can come. I think this is a pretty textbook "wait to the turn to raise" situation.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Board is semi-coordinated, lot of bad turn cards can come. I think this is a pretty textbook "wait to the turn to raise" situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving a free card to a hand like JT who may otherwise fold to a bet sucks though.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Giving a free card to a hand like JT who may otherwise fold to a bet sucks though.

[/ QUOTE ]

How likely is our hand to hold up against this many people? The pot is lying 8:1 when it's our turn to act. They're unlikely to fold any hand we want to fold.

This is also the problem -- A-T is bad, 7, 3 are also bad...we have to dodge too many cards in the deck against a large field to win this pot. Twice.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:05 PM

Let's say you do check the flop, BB opens, and MP3 raises. Do you still cold-call here? There are A LOT of cards that can hurt you.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:15 PM

hero folds. too much action on a coordinated board.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say you do check the flop, BB opens, and MP3 raises. Do you still cold-call here? There are A LOT of cards that can hurt you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy fold. This is why the original suggestion was Check and see what happens ^_^.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:15 PM

Easy fold. Any card but 9 is dangerous, and u might be beaten already. The real question is should u bet, check/call one bet or check and fold one bet and caller. Against 3 I would probably check and fold. You might be ahead now and turn, but its very hard to determine from early position when almost all cards are overcards and straightcards.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:44 PM

so an unknown raised, a LAG 3bet and we're ready to crap our pants and fold with an overpair in a 14sb pot getting 7:1 immediate? there's the possibility of a raise behind us, but i don't think it's going to get capped too often. i think we see 67, A6, A2(suited)-type hands plenty frequently enough to continue in the hand given the pot size. i think there is merit in capping in an attempt to get the BB out, but at that point he is still receiving fairly robust odds to continue. also, calling gives us the opportunity to see how BB reacts which will make our turn decision easier. the next street will set up nicely if we just call as well. assuming BB cooperates with us and "checks to the raiser", we can c/r a good turn card(for us)and easily fold to a 3bet while facing BB with 2BB cold.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:45 PM

I routinely bet here & go on monkey tilt after the 3-bet. Interesting stuff about the check & see.