Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone

It is pointless to tell her to contact the police or a lawyer, because neither one could help her.

The 12k is a civil matter, and there's no proof regarding what happened to it. There were no contracts involved, and presumably no credible witnesses. She says she gave Tom 12k to hold for her and he took it. He can say that he never received it, or that he returned it to her. No lawyer would touch this case, and there's no way she'd prevail in court.

The only place I could see the police being involved is in the penis-touching-the-back accusation, which could generously be called sexual assault. However, there are many questionable circumstances surrounding this. She was sharing a hotel room with him. She did not leave the room after the offense occurred. There is no proof that this did occur, and even if it's true, there was no penetration and no forcible sexual contact. The cops wouldn't touch this one, and no D.A. would waste his time on it.

Therefore, if all of this is true, Brandi's only option is to expose it on a forum like this.

I'm not saying that I necessarily buy her story. However, it is ludicrous to automaticall discount it because "she would have gone to the police or lawyers if it were true."
Old 12-16-2006, 10:36 AM

This is a very powerful and compelling story.

I think that it could be a real launching point for your career if you took it to Wolf Blitzer at CNN or Greta Van Susteren at Fox.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is pointless to tell her to contact the police or a lawyer, because neither one could help her.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point was that a sane person does that first to get advice... not necessarily that she needs a lawyer or the police. You are right, this is a civil matter.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2006, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmmm Brandi and Dutch interesting couple. Brandi take a break from the tour, surround yourself around some family and real friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dutch was supposed to be talking to Tom and getting my money back. Unfortunately he is crazy and completely lied to me. He told me that Tom had agreed to give me my money as long as I signed papers that said I would never talk about him or Amanda or any of this story ever again. That was a lie. Tom does not care to give me my money. Instead, he tells everyone that I'm crazy and making it all up ~ of course to cover his own ass.

Instead Dutch was trying to sell him a patent for something. The patent was expired. I had a panic attack because I actually believed that I would get my money back. When I found out Dutch was lying to me, I couldn't breathe. Bellagio security guards had surrounded me and called the paramedics. There is a report about it ~ if you do not believe me.

During my panic attack, my passport was stolen. Coincidence, Dutch was the one to empty my purse to look for an inhaler. He was also the one who mentioned that it was missing. He accused the three guys he was with of stealing it. I punched one of the guys. He then made up some story that if I went to the crap tables with him, it would show up. He told me that a guy named Johnny took it because he thought I was faking my panic attack.

I called Dutch a schizophrenic [censored] tonight. Told him that when he was cheering over his big suck out over Hachem this year, he looked like the biggest dumb ass of the year.

He called me an evil bitch.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I called Dutch a schizophrenic [censored] tonight. Told him that when he was cheering over his big suck out over Hachem this year, he looked like the biggest dumb ass of the year.

He called me an evil bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

brandi, this is excellent stuff.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:52 AM

this thread is amazing
Old 12-16-2006, 10:54 AM

how old are you Brandi?
Old 12-16-2006, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dutch was supposed to be talking to Tom and getting my money back. Unfortunately he is crazy and completely lied to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't f**k with Dutch. He won an arm wrestling contest with the Devil.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:58 AM

I'd like to make a valid point ~ I am making a serious claim against a well known pro in the industry. If what I am saying is not true, I could be sued and charged with slander. I assure you that I am not making this up.

For the past two months, I have been desolate and depressed. I've waited around. Tried to go about things in a discreet and classy way. Very few people knew of this. But after so long of nothing changing and no hope, I had to come out with what had happened.

Unfortunately, it has not been good. I've already been blacklisted and lost some who I have thought were my friends. But if they were really my friends, they would have stuck by me. I'm at a place now where I have nothing left to lose. My money is gone. My car is gone. My reputation with people in the industry is gone.

There is an overwhelming need from others for me to sweep this under the rug and forget about it. But I cannot do that. What happened to me was wrong.

I could have told you a different story. I could have lied and said that I did not try to make him happy by at least "huggling" with him. Yet I did not do that. I was a hundred percent honest over what has happened.

They say that depression is anger turned inwards. Tonight was the first time, I have not been so depressed.

I'd like to ask a question of those accusations that I am a hustler... Who exactly have I hustled? I may have made one stupid post, but I have not taken anyone's money here. I have not lied or made promises to people in order to swindle them out of anything. I asked some friend's for help after my incident, but that is it. And most have denied helping me.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:02 AM

Wow. Hell of a story/thread. Until proven otherwise, I accept everything you said as the truth.

I would agree that the first step is to simply move on. Borrow from friends/family and simply get back on your feet. Being so young, a 10K loss is not the end of the world. What happened to you is extremely [censored], but nothing to even consider suicide or long term depression over. With your whole life ahead of you, it would be a waste to spend any more time lamenting mistakes made in the past now.

Never speak to him again, and simply move on. Go back home, spend some time with people you love/trust. Ignore the inevitible slew of mean spirited/critical posts and PMs that have been and will be posted.

Get back on your feet, and when you can afford it, seriously consider getting some professional help to deal with your emotions.

The poker world is a wonderful and terrible place. You learned a lesson the hard (and disgusting) way. If you can, try to chalk it up as a life lession and go forward, not backward. Don't try to get revenge or wallow over mistakes made. It will only prolong your depression and prevent advancement.

Poker will still be there. Take a break. Even if only for a few weeks, just to get back on your feet. Play your A game when you come back. Rebuild your bankroll. We have faith in you. Good luck, and take care.
Closed Thread