Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 05:38 PM

Default (PS $2/$4): Lagging It Up with Middle Pair

I don't have any hard reads on the button, but he usually enters with a raise (this may actually be the first limp I've seen from him, but not sure) and seems aggressive in general. Also, if he were playing a lot of pots, I probably would've had a read on him, so I'm assuming he's not loose.

MP is 55/0/58/0.3/0.3/0.8 after 20 hands (VP$IP/PFR/WSD/AF-F/AF-T/AF-R) and my table reads confirm the stats: this guy is loose-passive. I've seen him call down with hands as strong as trips, check behind with top pair, and the few times I've seen him bet, he's had something worth a raise. I think he will call a flop bet with anything, but fold the weakest hands to a raise. On the turn I can probably put him on the straight draw, any pair, and probably an ace or any two broadways.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Scott
Old 12-15-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: (PS $2/$4): Lagging It Up with Middle Pair *DELETED*

Post deleted by jstill
Old 12-15-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: (PS $2/$4): Lagging It Up with Middle Pair

jstill,

From your comments, I'm wondering if you mixed up the reads?

Scott
Old 12-15-2006, 07:46 PM

i thought MP ck folded the flop to ur cr and it was button acting vs u on each street after

my bad
Old 12-15-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i thought MP ck folded the flop to ur cr and it was button acting vs u on each street after

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, just let me know what you think of the hand now [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

scott
Old 12-15-2006, 08:09 PM

well before vs button i said when u ck u have to call since u induced a bluff from this guy, but now its a bit tougher. Didnt realize it was MP who called the flop and bb who folded. guy plays 50% of his hands never raises preflop and goes to showdown pretty much everytime he gets a piece it seems.

even tho his aggression is extremely low uve seen him call with trips and ck behind top pair the question is if a missed str draw is enuff of a reason to call here ( likely the only holding he calls 2 cold on the flop with you beat altho possibly overs and a bdfd or soemthin),even passives are liable to bet a hopeless hand when ck to even more than vb a marginal hand.

I dont think 7:1 is enuff against this guy to call so id save a bet, after his flop call u may want to not bet the turn since ck folding the river is never fun and he showdowns a huge percentage, but since hes so passive i guess u could hope if he calls the turn with a worse hand he ll check behind any time ur good.