Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2006, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Gigabet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Stop and goes don't work with less than 6 BB, ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, but with the range that I gave him, calling a push with T8s would be +.2%, so why not sng, just in case?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he's almost certainly calling Jack high, so all you accomplish is getting your chips in as a bigger dog, and if my some miracle he folds when you do flop a pair that's even worse.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:47 AM

I think I'd push here against most opponents. Either you get a fold (not likely but possible and a VG result), he calls and you win (your hand is not that big a dog against most of the stuff people minraise with), or you lose.

The chipstacks make any other play worse, I think.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd push here against most opponents. Either you get a fold (not likely but possible and a VG result), he calls and you win (your hand is not that big a dog against most of the stuff people minraise with), or you lose.

The chipstacks make any other play worse, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. So, can I take it that you guys agree with not folding to the mini-raise and making my stand here in one form or another?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:03 PM

yeah, with 2/7 of your stack in and a suited one gapper vs. maniac. great time for a stand.

i like the stop and go. there's a 0% chance villain will fold if you push pre-flop. there's a .0000001% chance he will fold if you push the flop. may as well take it.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because he's almost certainly calling Jack high

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is a $22 buy-in or lower then I disagree. I have seen a lot of folds on hands like this even for cases when the all in bet on the flop is even less significant. I think a stop and go is the best play here because villain will fold a lot more than you think.

In this case HERO is able to put in a bet of nearly half the pot on the flop. This is more than enough to get many players to fold if they missed the flop. You also mentioned earlier that a stop and go will never work with 6BBs. I have seen it work quite a bit at the lower buy-ins.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:11 PM

Durron,

Ff he may fold when OP flops a pair, why won't he make a "miracle" fold? ( I know it is slightly less likely for villian to hit a pair when OP hits a pair)
Old 02-07-2006, 08:14 PM

This is actually a very decent spot for a SNG, not a big surprise that 45s is the one to have found it hehe.

Durron - Most Party $22ers will fold K-high (on a non-K board I mean) to this move, and they're frequently folding Q/J-high.