Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 10:23 PM

Default Re: 12/14

[ QUOTE ]
Charlotte Bobcats +142

This is normally a game you probably wave the white flag and pass. Recent play suggests the Magic are a much better team than the Bobcats, which they likely are. Tonight, however, the Magic will be without Hill and Nelson, making it a total of three starters missing this game. This game is being broadcast on TNT, so this will likely be one of the few games the Bobcats sell out. I’m not jusing making this up: Having been to a game before I get promotional e-mails from the Bobcats, and they’re selling tickets as cheap as $5 for tonight’s game! The Magic are going to have a tough time matching the Bobcats intensity tonight, and I figure at worst this game is a toss-up in which the odds lie with the underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jealous you got a line this good, line was at EV when I got home from work to bet the game.

Of course last night I got LAL +9.5 so I guess it works both ways [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Charlotte Bobcats +142

This is normally a game you probably wave the white flag and pass. Recent play suggests the Magic are a much better team than the Bobcats, which they likely are. Tonight, however, the Magic will be without Hill and Nelson, making it a total of three starters missing this game. This game is being broadcast on TNT, so this will likely be one of the few games the Bobcats sell out. I’m not jusing making this up: Having been to a game before I get promotional e-mails from the Bobcats, and they’re selling tickets as cheap as $5 for tonight’s game! The Magic are going to have a tough time matching the Bobcats intensity tonight, and I figure at worst this game is a toss-up in which the odds lie with the underdog.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice bet!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:03 AM

Default 12/15

YTD: 52-40-1 (+3.44 units; ROI: 3.74%)

In the midst of a 4 day losing streak, having dropped 7.23 units. With the way things were running earlier a downswing was likely to happen sooner or later.

Miami Heat +10.5 (-110)

Miami will again be without D-Wade, and they’ll have a tough task as they face a Wizards team that plays very well at home.

Miami will rarely win this game, but more often than not they’ll cover 10.5 points.

Denver Nuggets -3 (-110)

Denver will be motivated to win this game given their less than spectacular showing in Washington. The Celtics are coming off a blowout win in Philadelphia, but Boston is still a young team that is likely to struggle. Denver wins this game often enough to be profitable covering 3 points.

Golden State Warriors +10.5 (-105)

The Warriors were lucky to win last night’s game, and they’ll have a tough task in going to Phoenix tonight. Similar to Miami, Golden State will rarely win this game, but more often than not they’ll cover 10.5 points.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:27 AM

Default Re: 12/15

rjp,
how do you feel about the Jazz tonight at home against a poor SAC team when it comes to covering on the road?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 AM

Heidal, recent play suggests the Kings rarely win this game, but from a motivational standpoint the Kings figure to play with more intensity given the double digit loss to Golden State and the 9 point home loss a few weeks ago to the Jazz. Utah is also coming off two blowout wins vs the Clips and Mavs. A key to the NBA is finding the teams that are likely to show up and play to their full potential, and it isn't likely Utah is able to do that tonight. As such, I don't see value either way given the circumstances.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:38 AM

Looks like I'm getting a bad number with the Heat and Golden State again. Might want to wait on those.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Charlotte Bobcats +142

[/ QUOTE ]

nice bet!

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I wish the Knicks would sell tickets for as little as $50 bucks a game, let alone 5. I mean, my home team sucks so much more than yours (at least in terms of potential).

I know, I know, we're expensive because we're NYC and NYC is a "basketball city." And yet, I have to [censored] hear about the Yankees and Mets off season trades and squanders 70% of the time on the radio still...
Old 12-15-2006, 11:50 AM

rjp:

I am really unsure about the Wizards call -- I'm a devout but fairly objective fan of them, and they have NOT been [censored] around recently. Else then the close lose to the Rockets, they have been unbeatable recently at home. They crushed the Nuggets and Mavs at home in the past week. Do you really think a Miami team sans Wade will do any better?
Old 12-15-2006, 12:08 PM

The Wizards have been playing very well, but in the case of the Denver/Dallas games the Wizards showed up when the other teams didn't. The Wizards very well may blowout another team, but the odds are in my favor.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:14 PM

I like all of your picks by the way. But Wade and O'Neal are out. Payton is questionable. Who is going to beat the Wizards tonight, Jason Williams and Antoine Walker?

Woops, clicked this too soon: I can see staying away from the line, but the over/under and player props provide more certain odds in my opinion.