Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2006, 08:52 AM

Default AA big pot, line check

Stats:
MP1 33.7/14/1.3
CO 26.75/6.6/1.2
Button 22.4/9.5/1.6

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (18.5SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Button didn't cap PF so QQ unlikely and Based on stats I don't think he would of called 3cold with 66 (CC was 0.7% over 1400), that leaves only TT for him that's ahead of me. He could very well be betting flush for value. CO could have many flush/straight draws or a PP/AQ that he can't let go of. MP1 AQ/KK/JJ or some kind of flush/straight draw.

Turn: (17.25BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, MP1 calls.

Not raised? Maybe my aces are good.

River: (21.2BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
MP1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>

Check/call better here?

Too aggressive?

Edit: Converter had mixed SB/button and I had forgot to delete the action after my bet.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:00 AM

Default Re: AA big pot, line check

i play it the same.

if you got raised on the turn then you might find a fold.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:01 AM

play same
Old 12-15-2006, 09:01 AM

I would have played it the same way on every street. Someone will probably make the argument for calling the flop 3bet &amp; raising a non-spade turn, but I'd prefer to just cap it for value then &amp; there. There are also more than a few turn cards which could cause him to check anyway.

Assuming that your read for "Button" is actually meant to be SB, I'm as puzzled as you are about what he had. It seems unlikely that he'd call 3 cold preflop with QTs, and you holding the A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] rules out A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I can't see him calling on the river with KJ spades, and he certainly would've raised again at some point holding QQ or TT. I think it really has to be either 66 playing scared of the bigger boat or AQ refusing to give up.