Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 07:18 AM

Default Completing in SB after 1 limp

What do you think of completing in SB after one person has limped given a blind structure where BB is 2x SB? Is your hand range very different if UTG has limped than if button limped?

Say button limps.. You have J7s. Call? What about 54o?

What about raising? UTG+1 limps, you have KTo. +ev to raise?

Input appreciated. I feel I'm in the dark here. I think I limp too much, often only to get punished by BB who raises. Could a raise-or-fold-policy be successfully applied in these situations?
Old 12-14-2006, 08:18 AM

Default Re: Completing in SB after 1 limp

I think how often you can complete in the SB depends a lot on how aggro BB is. If he is passive you should have the odds to complete a lot of hands, definitely J7s, perhaps not 54o.
I prefer to have a decent/good hand to raise as our position sucks. The best aces/high or middle pairs/KQs-JTs - something like that.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think how often you can complete in the SB depends a lot on how aggro BB is. If he is passive you should have the odds to complete a lot of hands, definitely J7s, perhaps not 54o.
I prefer to have a decent/good hand to raise as our position sucks. The best aces/high or middle pairs/KQs-JTs - something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is spot on.

Surf
Old 12-14-2006, 09:36 PM

lots of variables here. If the limper is bad and bb doesnt defend much raising with a lot of hands can show a profit. In general this isn't the case though and bb spoils the party far too often. Betting across 2 opponents on the flop/turn is generally a nightmare so having the lead isn't that important. Even a hand like j7s isn't that good in this spot. Tighter is generally better in a 1/2 blind game.