Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 09:06 PM

Default 50NL - AK vs loose-passive villain

Villain is 40/9/1 over 200 hands. Flop aggression is 7.

I am working on my play with AK. Any comments about each street would be great. Should I be more aggressive . . . or, when should I lay off the hand?

The check on the flop was due to the villains flop AF. I wanted to see what he would bet and evaluate. This is wrong?

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
SB: $32.75
BB: $71.55
UTG: $53.45
MP: $41.60
Hero (CO): $68.70
BTN: $43.40

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, BTN calls $2.50

<font color="black">River:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($9.25, 2 players)
Old 12-14-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Re: 50NL - AK vs loose-passive villain

I think your flop check is fine. Since you've seen your opponent to be LAG, the majority of your bets should probably be for value. IMHO, being OOP when you miss the flop in a raised pot, especially against a LAG opponent, it's going to be a crapshoot.

Having already checked the flop, I might consider check/folding the turn. The pot is still pretty small, and after showing weakness on the flop, you're probably not going to take this pot down. If you had anything on the flop, you probably would have bet to make straight/flush draws pay, so your bet on the turn isn't really "believable." If he checks the turn also, maybe you can go for a steal on the river.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Re: 50NL - AK vs loose-passive villain

Thanks for the post. I have been trying to work on how I play AK. Obviously, it doesn't hit all of the time so I am open to any suggestions for different lines to take when it doesn't hit. I am leaning towards your line of a c/f on the turn against this villain.