Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2006, 08:20 AM

Default NL600$ HU Turn Spot with Trips

We are just heads up since a few minutes and so far I have been controlling the game pretty well and won a big pot just before the hand occured. He seem to know what he is doing and is kind of aggressive.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Button ($1227.80)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($1465.40)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Button posts a blind of $6.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $24</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button (poster) raises to $78</font>, Hero calls $54.

Flop: ($156) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: ($156) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $132</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $264</font>, Hero calls $132.

River: ($684) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $684

You guys reraise the turn or just call . I called because
I thought he would fold many worse hands against a reriase like AQ,AJ, lower aces and he might follow up with some weird bluff attempt on the river. Action I only expected from AT, AK if I reraised because he seemed kind of reasonable. And I was also worried about TT,AA even though unprobable.
Played the hands preflop because of the pace of the game and for deception.
Thoughts appreciated.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:27 AM

Default Re: NL600$ HU Turn Spot with Trips

[ QUOTE ]

I called because I thought he would fold many worse hands against a reriase like AQ,AJ, lower aces and he might follow up with some weird bluff attempt on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be too worried about that in a HU battle. Reraise and give him a chance to stack off with a worse Ace.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:01 AM

I reraise turn. You've got a great hand, he may be getting frustrated and he will have trouble putting you on a 3. Also, this is a psychological HU battle, I like to err on the side of aggression.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:03 AM

reraise the turn. barring that, if you really think he would fold AJ (he won't!) fire the river. wtf. he isn't firing when the spade gets there (how can we NOT put him on a big A???) so it's a protect value bet that he may interpret as you bluffing the spade and call - fire 2/3 pot.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:33 PM

Not sure why you checked the river &amp; the flop. Because you checked the flop, if he had a spade draw, this would have been the time for a semi bluff. Because of this you can assume he has no flush draw. His raise on the turn card represents a Big Ace, your call is great. Rite then you should have known you were huge and bet the river. Most people would call here and not even consider you were holding the 3. It's a common action that people check their sets on the flop. I think you would have made more money by taking the lead on the flop, you might have even induced a nice big raise on the flop &amp; turn. Because of the way the hand was played, even if he had a Big Ace, there's no reason to bet the river, that's probably why it went check, check.