Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Re: The Answer

(on edit: unfortunately this post ended up on a different page than the last. The previous one was much more relevant to the question asked. This one is just an aside)

btw... I practice traditional martial arts, and am inclined to believe that the best martial artist in the world is someone no one has ever heard of, and has like three students up in the mountains somewhere, and would be capable of defeating anyone who simply trains for sport. However, this is purely conjecture and not a particularly rational argument, so I won't try to convince anyone of this.

It seems most people are simply arguing which style is best. From watching the UFC, it's clear that it's not the style which wins, it's the fighter. The Gracies confused people on this point, but they happened to be the best BJJ in the world. The early strikers were not the best in the world at what they did. In a word: they had no chance.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

[ QUOTE ]

Punches ARE more powerful than kicks, elbows, knees and whatever other moves the other guys would attempt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true
Old 12-13-2006, 12:06 AM

"This is not true"

And it's not even that close. These things have been measured scientifically.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is filled with assumptions and conjecture. The OP stated BEST of each category, thus the answer is clearly:

Which ever fighter has the most effective combination of athletic ability, rigorous training, useful technique, practical experience, and the will to kill. Not one of these factors can be discounted or assumed to be even among the five fighters.

This question and the answers posted seem similar to asking "which of the following is most likely to win a HORSE tournament?"

1) The best Hold'em player in the world
2) The best Omaha player in the world
3) The best Razz player in the world
4) The best Stud player in the world
5) The best Stud-Eight player in the world

My answer would be almost the same as my answer to this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

If none of the players knew how to play any of the other games it would be number 5. The best stud/8 player.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i asked him "doesn't the seal learn how to kill people"

his response

"yes, with a H&K MP5, M16A1 and probably with a 50 cal barreet snipier rifle, if they go to war and they are using their bare hands something [censored]'d up happened"

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, your friend is straight out of a 90s action movie.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:01 PM

The favorite would have to be the World's best UFC. The earlier Ulimate Fighting Championships actually had at least one boxer, various Asian martial artists, and a very good streetfighter ("Tank" Abott). I think it is "common knowledge" to those that are into the sport of mma (mixed martial arts) that boxers and traditional Asian martial artists don't usually stand a chance. The street fighter won several fights when he could keep the fight standing, but couldn't defend himself as well when the fight went to the ground where he would end up tapping out from some kind of a submission hold (which is more or less the same problem the other two had). The Navy Seal I am not sure about. Assuming he is not full of crap, I have looked at a book by Paul Vunak who claims to be a trainer of the Seals. He respectfully stressed that a street fight would be nothing like a controlled fight such as the UFC--which excludes techniques like biting, head-butting, eye-gouging, etc. Would those things give the Seal an advantage?
(I am assuming you mean one on one and not all five in the enclosure at once.)
Old 12-14-2006, 02:04 AM

Dangada-dangada-dang ftw
Old 12-14-2006, 02:10 AM

I can't believe you guys are so ignorant. The answer HAS to be a professional wrassler. They train to fight to the death all the time. You ever seen a steel cage match? Ever seen a guy get hit by a metal chair and then get back up a little while later and WIN the match? I would say it is probably Mick Foley, AKA Cactus Jack/one billion other names. I think he got slammed on a bunch of tacks once or something. And lived.

End of game.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you guys are so ignorant. The answer HAS to be a professional wrassler. They train to fight to the death all the time. You ever seen a steel cage match? Ever seen a guy get hit by a metal chair and then get back up a little while later and WIN the match? I would say it is probably Mick Foley, AKA Cactus Jack/one billion other names. I think he got slammed on a bunch of tacks once or something. And lived.

End of game.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT...the Rock would easily check those rudy-poo candy asses into the Smackdown Hotel (located on the corner of Know Your Role Blvd. and Jabroni Dr.)

Old 12-14-2006, 02:33 AM

1 UFC
2 Navy Seal
3 Boxer
4 Streetfighter
5 Karate

Karate is weak.

*Edit* Actually I change my mind
1 UFC
2 Asian Martial Artist (known, not some crazy superhuman munk)
3 Navy Seal
4 Boxer
5 Streetfighter