Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 PM

Default AA any good here?

just got back from the borgata and was thinking about this hand on the way back.

just sat down in a 2/5 NL for a few rounds and encountered this hand against villian.
before i go into the AA hand we played 1 hand b4 and it goes like this. he was in the BB, 3 limpers in and i was on button with AK. i raised to 25, villian (BB) calls and 1 other limper calls. flop comes rags with a K. both chk to me, i fire out 40, villian calls, limper folds. turn is a K, he chks again and i fire out 60, villian calls again. river is a total blank and he bets out 200, i paused for a bit and called and he mucked. he looks at me with a "wad da hell took u so long look".
fast foward to the hand in question. i have about 1100 and he has about 500 to start hand. i am now UTG with 2 red AA. i made it 20 to go. villian in MP calls and so does one more. flop is as ugly as it can be for 2 red AA: 10c/Kc/Qc. i fire out 50 to test the waters, villian calls and other caller folds. turn is a 8s and i shoot out 100 this time, villain calls again. now river is the 10s and i believe this is my mistake here, i checked. he immediately goes allin for 370, i have about 900 in front of me and i go in the tank. i can beat 2 pair and a bluff but nuttin else. do i call or muck? any comments critism welcomed, ty.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: AA any good here?

Instacall
Old 12-13-2006, 10:03 PM

you beat a [censored] of missed draws. Check flop btw, its ok on something that ugly against live players who are calling stations. Also bet more on flop and turn in your AK hand
Old 12-13-2006, 10:50 PM

I would call. He could have KQ putting you on AK, might have QJc, missed draw, AcX. Plenty of things that you beat, and given the villains ability to put chips in on a bluff I think you have to call. 2-1 ftw!
Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 AM

well, i folded faceup and he went "whew" and he said he bluffed but didnt show his cards.
i thought about getting 2-1 on my money but there were too many hands i cant beat. all i can beat was 2 pairs and a bluff. he couldve made a straight, slowplay a flush or made trips
Old 12-14-2006, 01:09 AM

definitely call

bet more on the AK hand and prob shove river 4 value
Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 AM

yeh, i guess i was bluffed out on the river. but i believe my biggest mistake was chking the river. i shouldve threw in 150 on the river.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:29 AM

nothing wrong with checking the river against a guy who will bluff rivers, you just need to call it.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeh, i guess i was bluffed out on the river. but i believe my biggest mistake was chking the river. i shouldve threw in 150 on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

no
Old 12-14-2006, 02:05 AM

lol i saw "AA any good here?" followed by a bunch of text indicating a live hand, and thought to myself: [censored] yes