Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 09:01 AM

Default So IS Red Steel any good?

Red Steel was one of the launch titles that I really wanted to get because it sounds like a lot of fun. I then read a couple of reviews saying it was rushed, hard to control and generally lacking all round.

I've since read a couple of other reviews that state that its too bad, so I may well pick it up. Would anyone recommend it or otherwise?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:16 AM

Default Re: So IS Red Steel any good?

I personally think it's decent. The reviews are right in that the controls aren't great, but they're not as terrible as some of the reviews make them out to be. There is a steep learning curve, (and you'll probably hate the controls at first) but it's just a matter of getting used to. All in all, it's okay to get.
Old 12-13-2006, 10:41 AM

i like the controls after the first 20 or so mins of getting used to it; i just rest my arm on my leg and point and shoot...much better than standard controllers to me...can still be improved (metroid prime!), but much closer to keyboard/mouse than i've played on a console

i'm glad i got it
Old 12-13-2006, 04:03 PM

Nicholasp27....do you dislike anything about Nintendo and the Wii? I don't think I've ever seen you write a bad review for any of the games or for the system.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:45 PM

i've only played wii sports, rayman, monkey ball, zelda, red steel...thus i haven't played a bad game...red steel has good controls as many other owners have attested...wii sports gets acclaim from everyone and rayman/monkeyball/zelda are all ign editor's choices...it's not like i'm hyping up crappy games

there are lots i'd change about the system: hd, dolby digital, online right now, etc etc...but control and gameplay trump all for me and that's what the wii is about IMO

i'm not a hardcore gamer; i haven't even played much zelda yet; i just don't have the time, so the wii is perfect for me; it's great for multiplayer and my wife loves it...playing it is a joy and fun, like it was growing up on the nes, or playing mario kart and goldeneye as a teen

yes, i'm biased about the wii; i'm a wii fanboy; and next gen, when ms and sony have their own versions of wiimotes, i may switch over to be a 720 or a ps4 fanboy...so i'm a 'motion controller' fanboy more than anything

i hardly played much gamecube or ps2 as games were the same old same old the past few years; now they are fresh and different and there are years of innovation ahead, which excites me