Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 AM

Default Bush: \"The plan for Iraq is coming......sooon. \"

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...amp;refer=home
[ QUOTE ]

"Dec. 12 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush met with a leader of Iraq's Sunni Muslim minority as the administration attempts to isolate the sectarian militants who are fueling violence in the country.....

...The White House session with Tariq al-Hashemi, Iraq's vice president and the leader of the biggest Sunni Muslim bloc in parliament, was conducted as the president decided to put off an announcement of a new U.S. approach in Iraq until after the start of the new year.... "

[/ QUOTE ]

There's some good stuff in that article about the VP of Iraq who has had 3 of his "siblings" murdered by death squads. He is still advocating for a unified Iraq instead of the "3 state solution". According to ze Baker report he must (will?) be a key player in achieving "stability" in Iraq. I'm not even sure what stability in Iraq would be like. Maybe twenty-five to forty deaths a day?
Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to stop the Shiite death squads that are operating within factions of the Iraqi government? I find it ironic that we are turning to Saddam's "crew", the Sunni's, those horrible beasts,err, our hope for a stable Iraq.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Bush: \"The plan for Iraq is coming......sooon. \"

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...amp;refer=home
[ QUOTE ]

"Dec. 12 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush met with a leader of Iraq's Sunni Muslim minority as the administration attempts to isolate the sectarian militants who are fueling violence in the country.....

...The White House session with Tariq al-Hashemi, Iraq's vice president and the leader of the biggest Sunni Muslim bloc in parliament, was conducted as the president decided to put off an announcement of a new U.S. approach in Iraq until after the start of the new year.... "

[/ QUOTE ]

There's some good stuff in that article about the VP of Iraq who has had 3 of his "siblings" murdered by death squads. He is still advocating for a unified Iraq instead of the "3 state solution". According to ze Baker report he must (will?) be a key player in achieving "stability" in Iraq. I'm not even sure what stability in Iraq would be like. Maybe twenty-five to forty deaths a day?
Does anyone here have any suggestions on how to stop the Shiite death squads that are operating within factions of the Iraqi government? I find it ironic that we are turning to Saddam's "crew", the Sunni's, those horrible beasts,err, our hope for a stable Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if he didn't confront/engage moderate Sunni leadership in discussions about Sunni terrorists, that would accomplish what, exactly?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And if he didn't confront/engage moderate Sunni leadership in discussions about Sunni terrorists, that would accomplish what, exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nowhere in my post do I say Bush shouldn't engage in discussion with any Sunni entity so you are really arguing against yourself here. It is called a strawman arguement.

Read my post (the VP part). It is obvious we will have to engage the Sunni's and I think we agree on that, I just find it ironic.

Thanks for the one sentence reply as well.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the one-sentence reply as well.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't forget the massive Quote use.