Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 02:01 PM

Default B,B,V: My last 24 hours/Christmas songs

So I'm just going to group a bunch of this [censored] into the sickest BBV post ever.

Variance: This was the most hands I've ever played in a day.

Obviously I played amazingly well, and took a few sick beats.

This isn't just a poker post and I don't want to bore you, but here are my favorite two:

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
2 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $38</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($76, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $40</font>, SB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($156, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $99</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $253.7</font>, Hero calls.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($663.4, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $663.4)

Results:
Villian had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the runner runner flush awesome.
Final pot: $663.4

[censored]. Standard.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($475.90)
Hero ($411.50)
BB ($190)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $48</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $32.

Flop: ($100) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $80</font>, Button calls $80.

Turn: ($260) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $283.5 (All-In)</font>, Button calls $283.50.

River: ($827) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $827

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ks Kh (one pair, kings).
Button has 7s 7h (straight, eight high).
Outcome: Button wins $827. </font>

Standard. [censored]. [censored]. [censored].

So that was last night, I watch some WSOP episodes on YouTube because I'm bored and worn out from playing (beat, obv). I'm sitting here thinking about how much better I am than like 90% of the field with 30 players left, and how sick poker is and how stupid the whole [censored] thing is. Oh well. [censored].

I get to bed at like 4:30 AM. I frequently go to bed at around that time and wake up at like 2 PM (brag, obv). But last night I wake up at [censored] 8 AM right, and I'm [censored] shivering. That's right, I'm shivering uncontrollably, like I have [censored] down syndrome or something (variance- no idea what down syndrome exactly is, or if people with down syndrome actually shiver). So I'm like whatever I'll close the window that must be why I'm shivering. So I get up, close the window, and go back to bed. Well, I haven't stopped shivering yet. I'm under all my covers, and still shivering like I'm having a [censored] seizure. So it's been like ten minutes, and I get up and put on like three layers of clothes to stop this [censored], because it's starting to get like really annoying. I go lay back down.... now I start to shiver and sweat. Ten more minutes go by, I'm gettin pissed. Also, my left arm hurts very badly, it's sore and hard to move (probably from weight lifting two days ago). But since I'm moderately paranoid, I'm positive that I'm having a heart attack since my left arm hurts and I'm shivering. All I can think about is "so this is what it feels like to die."

Finally, I get up and go to the bathroom to take a walk, take a piss, and I find some vitamin C to take. So I'm shivering while walking, which definitely makes me look like a retard, but it's like 7 or 8 in the morning so I don't care. Taking a piss is a little bit more risky while shivering, in case you didn't know, but I managed. So now if I really concentrate, I can stop shivering for like maaaybe 5 seconds, tops.

Whatever, I'm starting to get angry, but I get all sweated up and under the covers again and finally I mello and stop shivering. I sleep for like two more hours, maybe three, half of it spent awake looking at the ceiling and wondering if I'm going to die or not. So when I get up again, I'm drenched in my own [censored] sweat and everything is sticking to me. It's like 10 or 11 AM and I decide to shower...

That helps a little, and I'm just feeling a little achey and worn out now.

So then I go to lunch. I go by myself because I prefer to eat by myself. I get some soup and ravioli. Neither is very good, but it'll do. So I'm sitting there eating by myself.. and this blind kid comes up and sits across from me (the lunch lady walks with him and gets him his meal, she walks up to me with him and says "mind if we join you?" I obviously say "no, go right ahead" since I'm not a blindophobe or anything). Thankfully, the kid doesn't make conversation with me. Then, as I'm eating the second half of my meal, I find myself watching him intently. I think it's interesting the way that he does what he does, and he's definitely blind as [censored], you can't fake that [censored]. So finally towards the end of my meal, I'm thinking "[censored], it can't be so hard to eat when you're blind right?" so I start eating with my eyes closed. Let me tell ya, that [censored] is hard. [censored].

Variance: Last few days I've been listening to quite a bit of Christmas music. It got me to wondering what everyone's favorite Christmas song is. I'm fairly sure that mine is Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire; although to be honest, I don't know that I've ever had a roasted chestnut, or that I think it's very safe to do it over an open fire. Oh well, then it got me to thinking, there is probably a Christmas song that I know that none of you have heard of....

Every year, this frat on campus plays this song on REPEAT for 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, honest to God's truth. Some people on campus hate this song, but I [censored] love it. I don't understand how people could ever get tired of it. Oh well, here it is, a link to Dominick the Christmas Donkey

Also, the fact that he's a Christmas donkey is sort of poker related.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: B,B,V: My last 24 hours/Christmas songs

cannot compute hand 1
Old 12-13-2006, 02:06 PM

hand 1:

Old 12-13-2006, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cannot compute hand 1

[/ QUOTE ]

fixed.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I obviously say "no, go right ahead" since I'm not a blindophobe or anything). Thankfully, the kid doesn't make conversation with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 12-13-2006, 02:34 PM

I enjoyed the song.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I obviously say "no, go right ahead" since I'm not a blindophobe or anything). Thankfully, the kid doesn't make conversation with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
I loled too
Old 12-13-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
I loled too

[/ QUOTE ]
yea
Old 12-13-2006, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]
I loled too

[/ QUOTE ]
yea

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2006, 03:49 PM

just heard that song on the radio for the first time and my Marine buddy got all excited and started to hee haw at all the right times..

saddest Christmas song btw : Christmas Shoes
i dont know why they make sad ones