Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Why do the Live Players......

I didn't drive all the way out here to fold.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it's easy to think the other players suck when you're running good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, i tend to think that after i see them showdown T2 soooted when a raise and reraise was thrown in there. Not that it matters, i called some idiots reraise with 34s cause i knew if i hit he gets stacked everytime. I play at Oceans 11 and the Pechanga for the most part.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HA!! You guys need to play in the Los Angeles area card rooms. They have people that'll wreck you. People here don't have to go to Vegas to play or drive hours upon hours to play so they play everyday. Of course you still find donks here and there but there are also many good players too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh have you ever SEEN live at the bike? When someone says a game is good, they mean the players are bad.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
few fish that were there either busted quickly or sucked out every other hand.

[/ QUOTE ] Doesn't this make sense? Either they bust out (you get there money) or they don't.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see this at all at my cardroom. Last Friday I played 4/8 at Canterbury. I switched tables 4 times and couldn't find a decent table. Every table was pretty tight with very few unraised flops. The few fish that were there either busted quickly or sucked out every other hand. Also, it's easy to think the other players suck when you're running good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even I can crush 4-8 at Canterbury and I suck.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:54 PM

If you suck then you're just running good.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:27 PM

Because live players don't have cheatwear to do their thinking for them. Live players have to pay attention to the players, they have to pay attention to the action, and not all of them are up to it. Cheatwear at home is what make average and crappy online players good. When they get away from their cheatwear, no so goooood......

For the nits who will attack this post, when I say cheatware I'm referring to Poker HUD and other apps like that, not the software that claims to let you see your opponents cards.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't drive all the way out here to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sums up live players in a nutshell... I can't fathom how many times I've heard the phrases "Ah f*** it, I came to Vegas to gamboool" or "You can't win big if you don't risk big" and then watching someone make the most ridiculous call of all time... They're not there to play poker... They're here to have fun...
Old 12-13-2006, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because live players don't have cheatwear to do their thinking for them. Live players have to pay attention to the players, they have to pay attention to the action, and not all of them are up to it. Cheatwear at home is what make average and crappy online players good. When they get away from their cheatwear, no so goooood......

For the nits who will attack this post, when I say cheatware I'm referring to Poker HUD and other apps like that, not the software that claims to let you see your opponents cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, my name is "a clue", we have never met before...

If you think that PT and PAHUD provide some magical information that allows you to make decisions while playing poker you are smoking crack.

The only thing that PT and PAHUD provide (during play) that you could not really do live is seeing mucked hands at showdown. Well technically you could do that live too, but you would likely get your ass kicked for asking to see every hand shown down.

So what is the difference between PAHUD showing me that a player is 23/3/5 and knowing that Frank is tight, aggressive post flop and rarely raises PF and generally only big pairs?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the view of the original post was "Many players who only play live" are bad and "Online players who move to live play" are much better. You seem to think "online players who move to live" are lost without their stat packages and fall easy prey to the average B&M player.