Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 07:18 PM

Default Home game favorites

Omaha8 has been a hit ever since I introduced it to my weekly home game. We've lately been playing 5 card O8 and it is beyond easy to beat. Badugi is also a hit when we get shorthanded. I once read an article DN wrote about playing Vanunu, and just seems too much for the guys I play with. What non holdem games are popular in your home games? Anythng unique?

Best of all, what do you find easiest to fleece your pals?

CJ
Old 02-03-2006, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Home game favorites

Omaha/8 or 3 card Scoop!. Strangely enough, they banned both forms of TD Lowball. Also, 7 stud and stud/8 are legal, but Razz isn't. God, I hate my pals.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:57 PM

One of my favorites is Anaconda.
Seven cards down to everyone, and a round of betting. Everyone passes three cards one position to the left, and a round of betting. Then, pass two cards two positions to the left and bet. Pass one card one to the right and final round of betting. Played high/low split. It usually generates huge pots. Try it.
Old 02-07-2006, 05:43 PM

We play a game that we call "Exit 11" (b/c a guy in NJ brought it to us). Deal four cards down to each player. Then spread two rows of four cards and a third row of three cards (thus, 11-cards are on the board).

Players can only play two cards from their hand and two cards from either one of the two four-card rows along with one-card from the 3-card row. It's lots of fun. The first bet is pre-flop after everyone looks at their cards. Then you flop the one of the four-card rows (all four cards) and bet again. Next flop the second 4-card row. Bet again. Flip 2 cards from the 3-card row and bet. Flip the last card on the 3-card row and bet again. We play this game hi/low declare, but we sometimes play it cards-speak 8 or better on the low; however, cards speak is not as much fun. Try it.