Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Status
Single 210 76.64%
Married 45 16.42%
Divorced 19 6.93%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-13-2006, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Is winning the WSOP Main Event really prestigious?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there was never a time when it was "all skill"

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kinda curious from your point of view, when the skill level of the tourney picked up. I mean, did you notice in the early rounds the same sort of playing that was described by DN, where an early standard 3xBB raise was followed by someone else calling all in preflop for 10k more chips. I'm wondering if this was indicative of someone raising against DN or other pros in an attempt to bust them, or grab some air time, of if this was the standard at early table regardless of who was the original raiser.

Assuming that this was done mostly by amateurs in an attempt to not be outplayed postflop, did you happen to notice around what stage of the tourney that this type of action changed. I would assume that by day 2, when most of the field was eliminated, that this style of play wasn't seen much around other than by low stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

my first couple of days the players were tightish, but i did notice that the amount of players were dropping significantly.

up till the 6th or 7th day of play, because of this, the average stack size was well over 50bb, and there was still room to maneuver.

too many people pushing like that, you're supposed to WELCOME the action. they're losing so much equity in being donkish like that early they don't even realize...