Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Re: AT weirdish line

[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever bluff this way? If not I don't really like the bet and would prefer just to call there on the river. Especially since the spade hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever bluff this way which is why I think I should raise more. I guess I'm more interested in whether betting the turn is better. I think just calling less than 1/2 pot bets with a hand as strong as mine is really bad for metagame
Old 12-12-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you ever bluff this way? If not I don't really like the bet and would prefer just to call there on the river. Especially since the spade hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't ever bluff this way which is why I think I should raise more. I guess I'm more interested in whether betting the turn is better. I think just calling less than 1/2 pot bets with a hand as strong as mine is really bad for metagame

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why metagame would be important unless you have over a 1,000 hands with this guy. Plus it's not like you would always call here, so I wouldn't worry about giving away that much info.

If you make the river raise I like it to be to 500. It looks like you are trying to take him off his weak block and he might look u up. I think he looks you up less with your minraise although it does seem counter intuitive.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 20/10, solid player. I didn't bet turn because 1)he could very well have AQ and 2) with this board I don't see how I'm getting value on all 3 streets anyway, and then on the river I'm not too worried about a flush so I went into "FU I'm not letting you block and take away my value"

[/ QUOTE ]

Heads up for stacks?

See, I read MSNL [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I fire on turn fwiw and fold to c/r from non tricky opponent.

-M
Old 12-12-2006, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why metagame would be important unless you have over a 1,000 hands with this guy. Plus it's not like you would always call here, so I wouldn't worry about giving away that much info.

If you make the river raise I like it to be to 500. It looks like you are trying to take him off his weak block and he might look u up. I think he looks you up less with your minraise although it does seem counter intuitive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have well over 1k hands with villain and play with him regularly.

Agreed that 500 looks like a nice amount. Maybe I should start bluffing w/ the minraise over a tiny bet?!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:35 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

[ QUOTE ]
and then on the river I'm not too worried about a flush so I went into "FU I'm not letting you block and take away my value" mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it really is a block there is no value in the raise. What do you think he is calling with right here that you beat? AK? That's about it.

I call river.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
he does have more than 1k hands with him...i assume

anyway, bet that turn obv, fold to a c/r from him. river is meh, you do crazy [censored] like that sometimes so i guess he might look you up like 1/38592 times
Old 12-13-2006, 12:04 AM

This hand doesnt make sense? Why can't villian be on the flush draw? And why did you not bet that turn? You say your afriad of AQ, but your raising his river bet. If you wanted to get value, the flop/turn is where its at, not when the 3rd spade comes.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:30 AM

i see what you're trying to do and I like. what were you gonna do if the river wasn't a spade though?