Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 08:42 PM

Default Re: 2 questions about the George Foreman Grill

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for the fat loss, there will be very very little difference than using a pan.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1. yes

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pan frying a burger will cook out just as much fat, but since the meat is sitting in the fat, it won't drain it out as well as the Foreman. If you want to get the most fat out, put the meat on paper towels immediately after cooking. But then you run the risk of getting crushed by a giant can of Milwaukee's Best.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:42 PM

I use the foreman almost exclusively for chicken and fish. Go to the salad dressing isle at the grocery store and purchase the pre-made marinades that you can put on the meat 30mins prior to cooking. There are a ton of flavors to choose from. Be aware that the marinades also make the grill difficult to clean. The key is to make sure you get the majority of the junk off the grill before it cools down. Then go back and use paper towels/sponges to clean the surface.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:16 PM

PDPG,

G5.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:03 PM

Cleaning-wise I like to boil a kettle full of water and pour small amounts over the bottom grill while having the fat tray in place to catch the water/fat etc. I find that this does the best job of softening up and helping to remove the cooked on crap. I normally give it a quick go straight after taking the meat off (1-2 mins), and then attack it properly after dinner. Obviously this method is no good for cleaning the top grill but the bottom grill tends to be the one with the majority of gunk to clean off anyway.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any good recipes for this thing?? Everytime I use it I end up getting a piece of meat that's so dry that it's like eating a dish rag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're cooking things too long is all.... following the guides that the book gives you is pretty accurate for decent cooking. This things (and I cook really well and often) is actually a miracle invention for those with limited space/time/motivation for other forms of cooking.

I use it often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they're quite bulky and like a simple frying pan a whole lot better. A regular old pan is much more useful and easy to store.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

As for the fat loss, there will be very very little difference than using a pan.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
1. yes

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Pan frying a burger will cook out just as much fat, but since the meat is sitting in the fat, it won't drain it out as well as the Foreman. If you want to get the most fat out, put the meat on paper towels immediately after cooking. But then you run the risk of getting crushed by a giant can of Milwaukee's Best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pouring the fat out of the pan works okay for me.