Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 03:04 AM

Default Re: NFL games: What high school did players attend?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This really bothers you?
LOL

[ QUOTE ]
I know that if I was a booster, teammate, or had anything to do with UTM I'd be [censored] pissed that Thomas dissed my school like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm sure there's an jump in attendance at group meetings at the psychologists office to help get these people who put that much into what school someone says through these trying times.

Last I heard, demand for this was so high, people were camping out hoping to get in as soon as possible as space was very limited.

The people with TO shirts got extra attention.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie, yes. And I'm someone who's a fan and not even close to a sports fanatic.

I realize that D-1 athletics is a two way street, and the athlete brings the school much attention and accolades. However, the school pays for the athlete's $150,000 education, and I think that merits a mention (for the most part).

[/ QUOTE ]$150,000 education? what???? If they are in state players, and its a public uni, that [censored] is way cheaper than 150k. Either way, why would this be any concern? Star players bring enormous amounts of attention to their schools while they are there. They don't owe the schools anything once they are gone.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:51 AM

I'm pretty sure that the free market value for most of the top talent coming out of high school is substantially higher than the cost/value of the scoolarships offered...

If not, why would recruiting be such a dirty buisness?

/Bjorn
Old 12-11-2006, 02:31 PM

There is really no NFL market for top high school talent. Players just aren't developed enough as in basketball etc. It'd probably end up being like baseball if they could take kids outta high school.

Anyway, players don't owe schools anything. They play football, get a fake degree they'll never use and are pretty much worthless.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mom works for the university of illinois administration. I remember that after the super bowl (i think) when Simeon Rice announced his school as "The School of Hard Knocks," she said that alot of people in the administration were really upset by it and there was alot of discussion about the comment on campus afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

lavar arrington said his name was "mr. nickels (his number is 55), school of hard knocks." it caused no controversy anywhere cuz everyone knows he sucks and is a moron.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I realize that D-1 athletics is a two way street, and the athlete brings the school much attention and accolades. However, the school pays for the athlete's $150,000 education, and I think that merits a mention (for the most part).

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah, it also merits a mention that black slaves were given shelter and food.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:50 AM

I love that Joe Horn mentions the CFL in his intros.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This really bothers you?
LOL

[ QUOTE ]
I know that if I was a booster, teammate, or had anything to do with UTM I'd be [censored] pissed that Thomas dissed my school like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I'm sure there's an jump in attendance at group meetings at the psychologists office to help get these people who put that much into what school someone says through these trying times.

Last I heard, demand for this was so high, people were camping out hoping to get in as soon as possible as space was very limited.

The people with TO shirts got extra attention.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
My mom works for the university of illinois administration. I remember that after the super bowl (i think) when Simeon Rice announced his school as "The School of Hard Knocks," she said that alot of people in the administration were really upset by it and there was alot of discussion about the comment on campus afterwards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people read too much into things and should lighten up. No one at UI has heard the term 'School of hard knocks' before? They really think this will taint the schools image? Please. I'd tell them to get over themselves.

b
Old 12-12-2006, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$150,000 education? what???? If they are in state players, and its a public uni, that [censored] is way cheaper than 150k. Either way, why would this be any concern? Star players bring enormous amounts of attention to their schools while they are there. They don't owe the schools anything once they are gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

That about sums it up.

b
Old 12-12-2006, 07:08 PM

Matt Hasselbeck, Tim Hasselbeck Derrick Knight and Greg Commella went to my high school
Old 12-12-2006, 09:10 PM

Came across this on Youtube today... Vince Young HS highlights... pretty sick: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_73poeU0DQ&NR