Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 08:51 PM

Default NL25 - QQ OOP

First time poster, long time lurker... I frequently have no idea where I'm at with QQ. In this hand villian just sat down.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

BB ($44.55)
UTG ($31)
UTG+1 ($12.40)
Hero ($24.55)
MP2 ($9.50)
MP3 ($26.30)
CO ($25)
Button ($26.05)
SB ($24.50)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO (poster) raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($3.85) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $8</font>

Hero??

Couple of questions... do you 4 bet PF w/QQ without a read?
If you just call, what's the best line given this flop?
Given the line I took (C/R), what's your move after villain 3 bets?

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: NL25 - QQ OOP

I don't 4 bet QQ preflop, except against some short stacks that I directly reraise all-in here.
I think this isn't an easy decision. Check-raise is good against tight players I think. Against passive players bet out and see where your at. Against very aggressive players c/c. Just my thoughts, as said I don't think this is an easy decision.
CO bet is rather weak, I would have made it 2 dollars in his position, so the raise here is good. The board is drawless, CO makes a strong reraise, I would feel beat here and fold my Queens. In a situation like this I think you only beat Jacks.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the feedback Isaac. My thinking was along the same lines and I folded to the flop re-raise. I thought that might have been a bit weak-tight, but when he popped it to $8 I figured we were playing for stacks and I hate going broke with one pair. When he made the weak c-bet I figured he could have AK, but didn't think he'd 3-bet with that and assumed I was behind. He left the table a few hands later and I never really got a read on him.

Thanks again.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:54 PM

I would rather bet the flop here rather than check-raise. You lose less money if you're behind.

4-betting this preflop can give you a better idea of where you are in the hand, but I don't think that he can be noted as a light reraiser without notes.

As played though, I would flat his cbet because nothing except JJ will call that you're beating (He's not reraising AT, don't kid yourself).