Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Incident at Popeye\'s - How Do You Respond?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, don't allow anyone to punk you out like that. Stand your ground and tell him not to speak to you like that, if he lunges at you try your best not to get beaten down too badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL.

Pride goeth before getting your ass beat by a crazy dude when the situation could have been easily managed without making it worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you tuck your tail between your legs and run out of there without getting your lunch? What a pussy.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Picturing op posting this from his Treo hitting refresh a lot.

Is anybody around you who looks like they might help if the guy jumps you, can you make eye contact with them?

What are the folks working at the place doing?

Getting out of there and writing off the cost of lunch seems like a decent idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha! No Treo...sorry to disappoint, but I was impressed that it only took 3 minutes to have 20 replies. None of the patrons were making any moves to come to my aid, but I was staring at the manager who was behind the counter, apparently giving my best "please help me" look because he came running...or maybe he came running because he knows how much I spend on chicken every week.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, don't allow anyone to punk you out like that. Stand your ground and tell him not to speak to you like that, if he lunges at you try your best not to get beaten down too badly.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL.

Pride goeth before getting your ass beat by a crazy dude when the situation could have been easily managed without making it worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you tuck your tail between your legs and run out of there without getting your lunch? What a pussy.

[/ QUOTE ]

If other avenues don't work out, then yeah, I'm willing to trade 8 bucks for not getting into a fight. I could care less what my reputation is with the population of a chicken joint.

That wouldn't be my first choice, but it's sure as [censored] one I make before I decided to fight the guy.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Popeye's but I'd be having a kickass burrito like every day if I were you.

I would either continue ignoring the guy or walk closer to the register.

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat kick-ass burritos, tortas, and quesadillas too many days to count. Sometimes, I just need a change of pace with some fried chicken, before I turn into a burrito.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Popeye's but I'd be having a kickass burrito like every day if I were you.

[/ QUOTE ]

What precisely distinguishes these kickass burritos, out of curiosity?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If other avenues don't work out, then yeah, I'm willing to trade 8 bucks for not getting into a fight. I could care less what my reputation is with the population of a chicken joint.

That wouldn't be my first choice, but it's sure as [censored] one I make before I decided to fight the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't try and fight this guy obv., but the first thing you suggested was leaving and writing off the cost. I would first ask him WTF he was talking about, then I would ignore him. If he tried puching me or whatever, I would defend myself, but I doubt it would go there. He's just some schizophrenic who screams at everything. You just run away every time you are confronted?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:50 PM

Hmmm, this is a hard decision. By no means do I leave Popeye's without some chicken, so retreating is not an option. Once I smell the chicken, I will want some, and if I have to fight a crazy person hearing voices in his head, then by all means.

I would probably look at the counter for some help from the manager/workers. Since they know you, I'm sure they will take more action than if you were just the regular crazy patron. Also, sprite is a weakness to crazies. Throw it towards the door and say "Here boy, go fetch!". That should end your confrontation.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm guessing it has to do with the location in which OP works. Even I've heard of "Mission" burritos.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are probably 60 burrito places in 3 square blocks around my office. The burritos come in all flavors and sizes, suited to any palate. My opinion, three factors make them kick-ass:

1) Sheer size -- freakin' enormous burritos that make you feel all disgusting and shameful for your gluttony after polishing them off

2) Fresh ingredients -- straight from the butcher shop next door to you -- awesome pastor (marinated pork), carne asada, quacamole, salsa, your choice of beans, etc, etc, etc.

3) Rock-bottom prices -- average price for enormous burrito with the works is about $3.50...hard to beat that.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:54 PM

pull a pen out of your pocket and pretend you're gonna shank him