Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 PM

Default wsex??

Is this a good site to play and how come I cant get poker tracker for this site
Old 12-12-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: wsex??

tough site to make a good profit on (at least on lower limits). you have to realize that most of the players there are probably advantage players. the average run-of-the-mill fish isn't going to seek out a site with 100% rb just to play on and have a good time.

it is really nice though to get a couple hundred/thousand bucks put into your account every monday.

as far as PT goes, you can use it, just for your own play. you just can't track other players since it just comes up as Player 1, Player 2 etc....if you really, really wanna play there, that's kind of a small price to pay for the 100% rb.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:30 AM

very very hard site. Look at it this way. The only people that care about rake are good players and that is what you get.

Great rake back, although inflated because they have the worst rake structure on the web to make people feel better.

If you like very tiny pots and aggressive play and no rake. Go for it. The averate 2BB/100 Poker Stars player will will become a 0BB/100 player at WSEX BUT get 2BB/100 back in rake.

I'm not anti WSEX - just stating facts from simulations.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:08 PM

I disagree with the assertion that they have an inflated rake structure. I've found it to be industry average. The players do get pretty tough at the higher stakes. I've found that you can still find decent tables at any of the levels that are populated around the clock. If you go into the levels that often only have one table or less you're going to find the cream there. And those levels are much lower than you would find good players at a bigger site like Stars. To make a long story short, table selection is very important.

One thing everyone should keep in mind about WPX is that anyone who has a piece of the industry - whether directly providing rb or through selling ad space or whatever - is going to hate the site. I'm not commenting on any of these posters. It's just the #1 thing to have in mind if you're getting input on WPX.

Personally I like the site because I feel that even if I am making a little less I'm challenging myself more and hopefully learning how to beat higher stakes games. But someone looking for softer games and a high hourly rate will probably do better elsewhere.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:17 PM

i've just played there to test out different styles in lower limit no limit holdem. the players are not that great, maybe slightly better than other sites but plenty of huge fish and it becomes apparent who the decent players are very quickly because of the small user base. the software still isn't that great but they appear to be on track to making it much improved, i'm hoping.

the positive of course is the 100% rakeback. the rakeback adds up so quickly that i would say it is by far the best site for a beginner to start at the lower levels. especially for those who don't mind playing slightly better competition (better to work on improving your game) when they will still make the same or more money because of the huge rakeback. i would go as far as saying that i would be very surprised if it was more profitable to play at stars than wsex at any level that they wsex has any decent amount of traffic.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:22 PM

Location: always C/Ring with 3 outs and usually getting there

Don't let anyone tell you the games are too tough to beat at WSEX. If you're a good player, you'll win there. There are enough people making fundamental mistakes that with 100% RB, you should come out on top
Old 12-13-2006, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The averate 2BB/100 Poker Stars player will will become a 0BB/100 player at WSEX BUT get 2BB/100 back in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

what limit do you think this is true for?