Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: College/Life Advice Needed (Semi-Long) - Serious Replies Appreciated

if your too lazy to go to more than one class per semester than how are you going to do if you get a real job. either way if you dropout of college now and get a job or stick with it you are going to have to motivate yourself a whole lot more. personally i think that it would be easier stick with college and finish it out than get a job with the possiblity that you could get fired for not showing up.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:17 PM

Default Re: College/Life Advice Needed (Semi-Long) - Serious Replies Appreciat

You need to be clear just how long two years is. Does that mean spring semester of this year followed by all of next year or two more years from this point??

If it is the latter then there is no reason why you can't still graduate on time. With summer classes it wouldn't be hard at all, at least not theoretically.

With your past history, however, it clearly won't be that easy. If you can't find the motivation to finish 12 credits well then 18/semester + summer is never going to get done. Basically, this is all on your shoulders. You NEED to find a way to motivate yourself; perhaps money is just the way to do it. It seems kind of silly but if you can manage to fire yourself up about school as a way to avoid losing money then I suggest you do it.

If that doesn't work and nothing else does either then I think you can begin to classify yourself as a waste of life.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:31 PM

I take it your college isn't ridiculously expensive, so i think your best bet would be to take out some loans (like alot of other college kids) and put in the extra time. Unless you're attending a 40k a year university, your loans won't be unmanagable, and with a business degree, should be paid off in a reasonable amount of time. Goodluck.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to be clear just how long two years is. Does that mean spring semester of this year followed by all of next year or two more years from this point??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 20 out of 128 credits needed for the general bus. degree. I still have about 24-28 credits of general education needed before I am accepted into the business college.

My parents are willing to pay this upcoming spring semester, and then two years further(summer classes included) and thats where they cut me off at.

Thanks for the criticism so far, as I am currently looking at spring semester classes for the four year degree.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:49 PM

Steve Pavlina got two bachelors degrees (math and computer science) in three semesters without summer school: http://www.stevepavlina.com/articles/do-it-now.htm

Now he is completely nuts, but at least that shows it's possible.

I'd advise you to drop out and possibly come back later if you get the motivation. Finishing up in two years is going to require a complete transformation of your lifestyle, and it doesn't sound like you have what it takes. If you did, you wouldn't be asking for advice, you'd be getting things done. You can get certifications or do something like ITT tech to make yourself more marketable for jobs that don't suck. It should be easier to stay determined for those things than normal school which can seem really useless.