Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 03:08 PM

Default Re: you\'re all in???

[ QUOTE ]
Why does he bet when I am going to?? Why wait till the river?? Why when the 2 pairs???

[/ QUOTE ]

why are donks donks
Old 12-12-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does he bet when I am going to?? Why wait till the river?? Why when the 2 pairs???

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh did a fine job answering this but really who knows, the worst thing you can do is try to get inside the mind of a donk, it'll drive you mad. Don't put moves on him because he doesn't know what moves are
Old 12-12-2006, 03:30 PM

This is a long shot but I'm going throw it out there. Say he had a middle pair. If that were the case he would of raised you on the flop to protect his hand. Now say he had A3 suited. If that were the case, he would have raised or reraised you on the turn, with not takeing the chance of a no bet round, or atleast bet a small amount on the river instead of going All-In. If he had A2 suited he would of raised you on the flop to see where he stands in the hand. With your tight table image. I think you just got bluffed! He probably put you on 2 big cards and moved in. Donkey play on his end but it worked.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:31 PM

c/c, c/c with a draw, then push when you miss is not a move used by many, even donks.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a long shot but I'm going throw it out there. Say he had a middle pair. If that were the case he would of raised you on the flop to protect his hand. Now say he had A3 suited. If that were the case, he would have raised or reraised you on the turn, with not takeing the chance of a no bet round, or atleast bet a small amount on the river instead of going All-In. If he had A2 suited he would of raised you on the flop to see where he stands in the hand. With your tight table image. I think you just got bluffed! He probably put you on 2 big cards and moved in. Donkey play on his end but it worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course!
Old 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM

fisher32 = next aba?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:44 PM

I don't care if you called and won, calling here against that villian is pretty awful IMO.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

took the words right out of my mouth
Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 PM

I don't see how you could say the call would be "awful", when you think you have the winner. It's all part of being a good poker player vs a bad one.

The "Awful" decision was the villian moved All-In. That All-In move is the most powerful move you can do next to a 3-4 bet. If you really anaylize the hand, I think he should have called.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you could say the call would be "awful", when you think you have the winner. It's all part of being a good poker player vs a bad one.

The "Awful" decision was the villian moved All-In. That All-In move is the most powerful move you can do next to a 3-4 bet. If you really anaylize the hand, I think he should have called.

[/ QUOTE ]

fish you are like a f*cking mindreader, i had that post all typed out and i look and you already wrote the exact same thing basically