Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $100M or $100B
shot at $100B, that's $10B EV, baby! 1 1.79%
$100k + shot at $100B 0 0%
1M + shot at $100B 8 14.29%
5M + shot at $100B 10 17.86%
10M + shot at $100B 13 23.21%
25M + shot at $100B 13 23.21%
if it's 25M or less, just give me the $100M!!!! 11 19.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Re: # of tables question for the forum

I only play 2. Used to play 3 on Party but where I play now I can only fit 2 tables witout overlap. I like playing 2 better so that is fine. But then, I am old.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:33 PM

I play 3 on average, though sometimes 2 if one is HU, and sometimes 4 if all are 5-6 handed.

In my experience my play deteriorates more than i'm willing to admit when i'm playing 5+ tables. I play much better when I have enough time to take notes, develop reads, watch hands i'm not involved in, etc.

Surf
Old 12-12-2006, 02:45 PM

In party days I would 6-8 table the 30/50/100. Seven tables was the sweet spot, 8 got a bit hairy (it took me a while to be able to reach that many however). Now, I have more trouble finding enough good games to sit in. So I have not really done more than 6 table since Party shut down.

As far as what I think is possible to do, I think 6-8 on FT would be possible if there were ever that many games going. On stars however, there is no way I could do more than 6, in fact, since almost all are fast tables, 5 can get a bit hairy (i.e. I NEVER timed out on FT or party, but it has happened many times even just 4 tabling at stars - I HATE stars).
Old 12-12-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I three table usually, but there's usually a 3 or 4 handed table in there. 4 is my max for all 6 handed tables.

Edit/ I think 4 tabling on most sites is equivalent to 5 or 6 tabling on Party. Their software was excellent for multitabling, and all the other sites I've played on don't measure up(Admittedly not that many sites).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%.

I like to absorb every action on every table I'm playing at. Sometimes I even keep tables open where players from my tables are playing to watch.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:41 PM

4 is my absolute maximum for 6 max. I probably prefer 3. Multintabling NL is much easier. I know lots of ppl that succesfully 8 table6 max NL, but no one who does that at limit.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4 is my absolute maximum for 6 max. I probably prefer 3. Multintabling NL is much easier. I know lots of ppl that succesfully 8 table6 max NL, but no one who does that at limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you notice a difference in the quality of your play going from 3 to 4? For me, 3 seems perfect and leisurely and 4 can feel really panicked. Playing 4 (esp with a few 3-4h), I'll get in a mode where I start making bigger and bigger attention related mistakes because I'm trying to dismiss each table too quickly, afraid I'm falling behind the action.

Here's the worst misclick recently.. I get QJo in the hijack and open raise with it. As I'm pressing the raise button I see that it strangely says $40 instead of $20 and realize that it's been raised and three-bet by two tight players in front of me. ("You know it's time to quit when..")

Edit: on the other hand, 4-tabling 6max SSNL seems ridiculously easy, even though I have no clue what I'm doing really.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM

i rarely play more than 3 nowadays. often just 1 or 2. this is mostly bc my game selection is super rigid. at this point i simply refuse to sit in games where i only have a moderate edge.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i rarely play more than 3 nowadays. often just 1 or 2. this is mostly bc my game selection is super rigid. at this point i simply refuse to sit in games where i only have a moderate edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel exactly the same. I really want a table with at least close to 40% VPIP or a table where I have one really bad opponent or 2 semibad opponents to my right. I mostly 2-3 table.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:35 PM

I tried playing six 6-max fast tables on stars and can't handle it - I had no problem doing this on Party. Ridiculous Stars tables where they steal focus, my mouse clicks on buttons rarely work the first time when changing focus to a new table, and the poor warning system they have all contribute IMO. So I stick to four on stars and if playing higherish limits two tables has been serving me well.

Somehow haven't played with you there yet I keep seeing you and avoiding I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-12-2006, 05:37 PM

3-5 on FT seems to be optimal for me. Back in the party days I played 5-7.