say nothing and hope for the best 22 40.00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2006, 02:43 AM

Default Re: Need good Bar Bets... HELP

wtf 20 seconds LIES!
Old 12-12-2006, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet them that they cannot eat a dry piece of untoasted wonder bread in less than a minute. It is actually impossible

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you routinely carry dry, untoasted wonder bread with you to bars?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell your buddy you can guess the date on a random coin better than he can, and you are willing to buy him 5 beer if he wins, but he only has to buy you 1 beer if you win.

Tell him the only catch is that you want 2 picks, but you'll even let him go first. So you get 2 to 1 odds, but he gets a 5 to 1 payoff. He should go for it.

Ask him to rifle through his change and grab a coin and hold it in his hand. Let him pick date. You simply sandwich his pick. For example, if he picks 1996, then you pick 1995 and 1997. You only lose if it's 1996.

1 free beer for you.

[/ QUOTE ]anyone who falls for this is an idiot
Old 12-12-2006, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cover buddies full beer with a coaster. Bet him $1 you can drink it without removing coaster. Remove coaster, chug beer, tell buddy "you win" and toss him a dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]I like this one.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:43 AM

When I do this one in a bar, everyone in the joint ends up watching, and is amazed. Too bad I'm married with children now, and haven't spent time in a bar in years.

Lay nine coins on the bar, in three rows of three (like a tic-tac-toe arrangement).

O O O
O O O
O O O

"I'm going to the men's room," you tell your victim. "While I'm gone, you touch one of these coins. When I come back, I'll tell you which coin you touched."

You leave the bar. He touches a coin. You return, examine the coins, and tell him which one he touched, correctly, every time.

<font color="white">You have a confederate who wordlessly signals to you which coin was touched by the victim. If the center coin is touched, then your partner should put his drink on the center of his cocktail napkin. If the coin in the upper-left corner is touched, the drink goes on the upper-left corner of his napkin. Etc. </font>

But that's not good enough, right? You want something you can actually bet on, and win a free drink. OK, try this:

Bear with me, for a moment, because what I'm about to describe is tough to describe without a diagram.

You need two large, identical drinking glasses. You want one on the bar, and the other turned upsidedown, stacked on top of it. Mouth-to-mouth, as it were. With me so far?

Now, you need that whole two-glass structure filled with water. Ask the bartender to fill his sink with water; submerge both glasses; join them, underwater, mouth-to-mouth; then bring the joined, filled glasses up out of the sink, and stand the whole thing on the bar.

So you've got a single column of water, two glasses high. This looks like a high-risk stunt, and the drama is already building, before you've done anything.

Pull a dime out of your pocket, and offer your bet: You're betting that you can slip this dime between the two glasses, and into the bottom glass, without spilling any of the water.

<font color="white">You need a butter knife, or similar utensil. Start tapping on the top glass, near where it meets the bottom glass. You're trying to slide the top glass over a fraction of an inch--just enough to squeeze a dime through. If you do it very, very gradually, the water's "surface tension" will not break, and the water will not flow out of the gap.

When you slide the dime in, you want to slide it straight down into the bottom glass. You want the entire face of the dime to slide down the inner surface of the glass. Again, you're trying to NOT break the surface tension.</font>

After the applause has died down, offer your next bet:

Ask the bartender for an empty glass, same size as the glasses you have. Your next mission is to get all the water out of the top glass, and into the empty glass, without touching the top glass.

<font color="white">Set the empty glass on the bar. Get a LOT of drink stirrers. Lay them in a grid across the top of the empty glass. Pick up your full glasses, and put them on top of the grid of drink stirrers (like I said, you need a LOT of stirrers to hold all that weight).

Use a straw, and blow into the gap you slid the dime into. This will break the surface tension, and the water from the top glass will flow down the outside of the bottom glass, and into the empty glass. </font>

It may not sound cool on paper, but again, the everyone in the place is holding their breath, to see if you're going to dump water all over the bar.

And as you might imagine, you should practice this one a few times, before performing in front of an audience.

One more related one, not nearly as impressive, but it works on the same principle:

Ask the bartender to fill a shotglass with water. Fill it to overflowing. The water should be literally right up to the edge of the glass.

Give the bartender a dollar, and ask for ten dimes in return. Offer a bet that requires you to drop all ten dimes into that shotglass, without spilling any of the water.

<font color="white">Again, it's all about surface tension. Slide the dimes down the inside surface of the glass, one at a time. You'll end up with a pile of dimes at the bottom of the shotglass, and a mass of water bulging up higher than the edge of the glass, but not running over. </font>
Old 12-12-2006, 05:49 AM

BTW, is there a deck of cards anywhere in this bar? If so, I've got a million of 'em.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:06 AM

Just remembered a few more from my drunken past:

--You need two empty beer bottles, and a dollar bill. The bottles get stacked "mouth-to-mouth", with the bill in between them. Challenge: remove dollar without touching or upsetting bottles.

<font color="white">Grasp end of dollar bill tightly in left hand. Keep your left hand steady, whil you quickly"karate chop" the bill with your right hand. Bottles will not budge--but you'd better practice this one.</font>

--Ask if anyone has a $100 bill that you can use for this next trick. Assure them that this is not a scam, and that they will get their $100 bill back when you're finished.

Ask your audience to find three things on the $100 bill:

--a famous person;
--an ice cream flavor;
--and a movie title.

The famous person is easy, but they'll eventually give up, and ask you to tell them the answers:

<font color="white">Take the bill, and show everyone the picture of Ben Franklin, and say:

The famous person is "Ben Franklin". The ice cream flavor is (rip the bill in half) "Half and Half". And the movie title is (throw the pieces over your head and behind you) "Gone with the Wind"!

Remember, this trick only works well if you use SOMEBODY ELSE'S $100 bill. They'll panic, before they remember that scotch tape will make things right. </font>
Old 12-12-2006, 10:32 AM

You have 3 minutes.

Move any two matches to change this from 5 equal sized squares to 4 equal sized squares.
No diagonals.
No doubling up.
No danglers.

Go
Old 12-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Default Only good in mixed company

This may be old and lame:

First off to make this a little more interesting or funny, you need to save this for a conversation that involves either penis size or agility/flexibility.

Find a way of innocently betting that you can touch your shoulder with your sex organ.
Turn your head and lick your shoulder. Again best in mixed company.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cover buddies full beer with a coaster. Bet him $1 you can drink it without removing coaster. Remove coaster, chug beer, tell buddy "you win" and toss him a dollar.

[/ QUOTE ]I like this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was covered in Harry Anderson's book with a similar, but more extended and better take. The jist was
#1 Put your hat over friends shot, tell him you will bet him $10 youcan drink it without touching the hat. Stick your head under the bar, make some "glug glug" noises, and tell him you drank it. He will lift the hat to check, and you grab the shot and drink it.
#2 When he protests, say, Ok, you tell him he couldn't do exactly what you just did for double or nothing. He buys another shot, then you put your hat over the shot. When he sticks his head under the table, you lift the hat and drink the shot. When he comes back up, you lift the hat, and say, wow, you did it even BETTER than me, you win.
#3 Tell him you will try one more time, but this time NO ONE can touch the het, but you're not as good at this one, so you will only bet $1. He buys another shot, you put your hat over it, and the lift the hat and drink the shot. He laughs at you for not even coming CLOSE to not touching the hat, and you reluctantly give him $1 and are on your way with your tail between your legs...