Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 02:22 AM

Default Re: NL5 Best lines for extraction with flopped set.

This is $5NL. Open pushing the flop here would be better than checking and hoping he bets. I think Sir Winalots Pot Pot, Shove line is best, but pot the flop and push the turn will work too.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:07 AM

with small sets ive taken to betting since most people will call or raise with TP. then you hit the boat... i guess your only option as played is to check and feign the flush draw and hope he hit the 6. i never min raise preflop.... i never raise with 44 unless on the button and folded to. y lead here, you have a very disguised hand. check and call.. maybe lead a blank river for some real confusion.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:09 AM

why would he put you on anything... its 5nl.. i would bet even many 2p2, including myself, have trouble with completely accurate reads.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:39 AM

As I have read so many times here, "they always put you on AK". With a preflop raiser it is definitely the first hand I consider cuz' it is one of the few that gets raised consistently at these limits.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:00 AM

I think the most value here (especially on NL 5) is SirWinAlot's line. Pot Pot Shove. You are only getting value here from an ace, a flush draw or a strange two pair. So why not bet if the hands that are giving you value are calling your bets anyway? You may induce a bluff from an underpair by checking on an ace high board, but you're certainly not stacking him. Against a flush you are giving away a free card and against an ace you are often loosing value (depending on the agression of villain).
Furthermore if you played so passively and the turn comes a spade and you show aggression, you might loose even more value as this is a scare card if villain doesn't atleast hold a spade in his hand. Vice versa villain may get over aggressive on a hit flush and it may put you in a tough spot, especially if you call and the river card doesn't pair the board.