Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 PM

Default 6m 50NL - 99, flop OESD

Hi guys, I'm new to NL cash, I just started playing yesterday and thought this was an interesting situation:

I don't have the HH on me, but I remember the hand fairly well. 6max 50NL on Stars. I've only been at the table for about 30 hands or so, so no significant reads on villian though he hadn't been very active so far. We both have ~$50.

Folded to villian in CO, he makes it $2, I call from the SB with 99 no spade, BB folds.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

$4.5 in the pot, I check to villian who bets $3, I raise to $9. He reraises to $15, I call.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I check, villian bets $20, I fold.

Preflop, does anyone reraise this? How about on the flop, is the cr ok? How is the raise size? Is leading or calling better? Does anyone shove the flop? The turn is an easy fold, correct?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:48 AM

Default Re: 6m 50NL - 99, flop OESD

raising the flop is spew
Old 12-12-2006, 04:06 AM

i rr preflop most of the time.

as played, on the flop i like to bet out like 3/4 of the pot.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:57 AM

preflop: I think I'd usually reraise but it depends on the opponent, your implied odds are getting killed if he's calling alot with a strong range of hands.

flop: c/c or c/r the flop both seem fine the more I think about it. The only thing I don't think is that great is betting (allows him to fold his weak hands while raising you out with his stronger ones). On a c/r the pot is so big you can just shove to a substantial reraise but since he made a v small one calling looks good and then folding the turn obv.

Okay, so I have no idea how to figure out if c/c captures more value from your opponent though.

Anyone?

Yugoslav
Old 12-13-2006, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
raising the flop is spew

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Is hero chasing out weaker hands that way? Is that why? Isn't villian's range wide enough that he has to fold a lot of hands to the raise that he'd otherwise get to continue with on the turn/river and possibly chase hero out?

Yugoslav
Old 12-13-2006, 03:21 PM

ship the cash sjc.

[ QUOTE ]
preflop: I think I'd usually reraise but it depends on the opponent, your implied odds are getting killed if he's calling alot with a strong range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugo I think I agree with you but I look at it the other way around. I'm 3-betting if villan is making a standard position raise (ie has a wide range) because I often don't have the implied odds to just call his bet and play oop when he could have anything. The tighter his pfr range is the more I am inclined to call because his range is now stronger, and thus villan will frequently be willing to go further with his hand. So the % of calls a 3-bet will get is just a function of how many hands he's raising, so I guess we're saying the same thing?

Given the villan hadn't been very active calling is fine.

I like a c/r on the flop, although I'd make the raise slightly larger. Then min-bet is very weird though. The board pretty drawy and he's not protecting his overpair if that's what he in fact is holding. Calling isn't bad because you're almost getting direct odds. He could just be f-ing with you because your c/r doesn't look very strong. I might actually 4-bet push this flop b/c I think you have some FE since villan could just have TPGK looking for a cheap showdown, and he'll probably call with any 9x hand that you're currently ahead of.