Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 AM

Default 25 NL Full ring - AQ OOP With top pair facing min raise ..

Full Tilt Poker
$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
9 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
BB: $3.65
UTG: $9.95
UTG+1: $37.25
MP1: $31.90
Hero(MP2): $29.25
MP3: $23.65
CO: $4.65
BTN: $29
SB: $10.25

<font color="black">Pre Flop:</font> A Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.35, 9 players)
<font color="green">UTG calls $0.25</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="green">MP1 calls $0.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero(MP2) raises to $1.35</font>, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="green">BTN calls $1.35</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="green">UTG calls $1.10</font>, <font color="green">MP1 calls $1.10</font>

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T 2 A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5.75, 4 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="red">Hero(MP2) bets $4.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $9.50</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, <font color="red">Hero(MP2) raises all in to $27.90</font>, <font color="green">BTN calls all in for $18.15</font>

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($61.3, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($61.3, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Showdown:</font>
BTN had K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Thoughts?? No read on villian but i'm thinking this is a real bad push, is it?
Final Pot: $61.30
Old 12-11-2006, 04:00 AM

Default Re: 25 NL Full ring - AQ OOP With top pair facing min raise ..

yeah button had AK (dont post results)

it is a bad push though, you dont have a very strong hand and there alot of players in the pot. I'm shutting down after button raises you (unless he is a LAG)
Old 12-11-2006, 04:00 AM

play low stakes STT, this is a good move there [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2006, 04:03 AM

sorry new with the hand converter thing, I usually play 6-max, I figured this play was horrible just wanted to confirm my thought :/. Ty!
Old 12-11-2006, 04:07 AM

Raise to 1.5 on the flop. BTN could be pushing with a FD plus maybe a pair, but you need some kind of read to assume that. The minraise can mean a lot of things. Maybe he thinks you didn't have the A. But he saw that you would raise after two limpers and now you are betting into a field of 3. So he had to seriously consider that you had a strong hand. There were several people to act behind him and he raises anyway. So it looks like he isn't very afraid of the A, because it doesn't look like he is restealing or something but building a pot instead (at least, without any kind of read). Although you have a TP with a strong kicker, that is certainly not unbeatable. You gave away what hand he had, so I'm biased and can't really put him on a range of hands. But AA, AK, AT, TT, 22 maybe even A2, were certainly a part of it. So I wouldn't push. Even when you call and reevaluate on the turn and fold to a big bet, you can get away from the hand with 2/3 of your stack intact. So you are nowhere near being pot commited. You are basically hoping for him to be stealing or holding a weaker single A or being a maniac who overplays smaller pairs or a FD. This is not a very short list. So a push might be reasonable. But imo you have to discount some of these options (namely stealing, weaker single A) because of the other opponents in the hand or because of the absence of a read (FD, maniac). So call and c/f the turn.

nps! I've lost quite a bit of money doing stuff like this, TPQK = nuts [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

Yeah don't post results they unnecessarily bias the responses.

I fold after the min raise this is nearly always is a hand that has you in a multiway pot. If your heads up then its a different story but he is saying to you i will raise you even tho they are other people in this pot