Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Was this a correct fold?

I was talking about him always reraising when he has that particular hand, QQ. Sounds like your saying he would. By the way, his stack is 50K mine is 40K so if we are all in his tournament is basically over if he's wrong.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 PM

I think the fold was good preflop, you don't wanna tie into the other BS with this much action preflop with a hand that is very hard to play post-flop. A big stack w/ QQ will probably always reraise from first, then you have to fold and just pissed off 11k, that's why he folds here instead of calls. More clearly, if you're not willing to call a reraise AI from an original raiser that is still to act behind you, then you don't call the 1st AI. I always assign the tourney big stack with an aggressive style. Conservatives like myself only get the big stack 1 in 10 or 20x that we get this deep.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:51 AM

yes of course thats what im saying. whats your point? u can easily fold otu when he pushes, that defines his hand.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:03 AM

Landlord: I like your reasoning and like you I rarely get the big stack at this point and 1 in 10 sounds about right. My style is to pick my shots and fold my way up the ladder until some hands come my way. Almost ever time I try doing it differently, I don't do well. My conservative (tight) style has worked well for me because it suits my personality and talent level.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:07 AM

All in here with a guy raising and another reraising with $18,000 M= 9? That would be a tough one for me because of the two players having come in raising. I think I'd do it with QQ but nothing lower. On the other hand, the first raiser (the big stack) might have been bullying and a raise to $18000 might scare him away and isolate the all in ss.
I wonder what the EV is on the move you suggest? Damn, there seem to be so many different ways to play correctly.