Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: what's your play?
turn the car around and take the cute little squirrel to the vet 9 4.81%
turn the car around and run over the little thing 49 26.20%
turn the car around, get out, and snap its neck 15 8.02%
continue to drive on, ignoring the filthy beast 114 60.96%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2006, 08:25 PM

Default Re: What\'s Your 6Max Limit Hourly Earn in 2006?

[ QUOTE ]
Winning just 1BB/100 while 3 tabling 10/20 would obviously easily cover $35 an hour.
I would expect any regular 2plus2er playing stakes of 5/10 and above would make this rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
And how many regulars on this forum do you think have been 3 tabling 10/20 all year long? My guess would be about zero. I doubt there are many who've even averaged 3 tables/hour of 5/10 for the whole year. My MT Ratio for instance for the whole year at all 6max limits is 1.72. That's just me, however, I'm pretty sure most peoples BB/100 drops considerably with each table added at 6max, especially over 2 tables and the higher you go in limits.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is also true that including RB and Bonii would be a better measure of overall perfomance, but most people do not have those figures at their fingertips

[/ QUOTE ]True, but most players have at least some clue off the top of their head + or -. Also, limit players "are supposed to be good at math and arithmetic" or whatever. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't looking for estimates. I just wanted exact data right from the database.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, a poll is even better if they don't have to open up PT since some people do have jobs, etc...those YouToob watching, 2+2 reading, lazy mofo slackers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well those that don't want to open PT don't have to answer and if they don't answer they will not get the benefit of seeing the results. Of course, they could just answer anything. They could be lazy or even lie if they want to. No one but themselves will know. They won't lose the respect of anyone--only their self respect will take a hit.

Anyway, there have been more posts in this thread critizing the poll than any other aspect of it. My suggestion to those that are that interested in the topic but unsatisfied with this poll is to make a better one more to your own liking.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:25 PM

I only thought the poll was ambiguous.

I'm very curious about the poll results so far.
After I include bonuses and rb I'm still only earning ~$24/hr.
<font color="white">
After 30K @ Absolute 3/6 hands.
My MT ratio is 1.77.
My "True Hourly Winrate" according to PT is 2.14BB/hour.
My BB/hour is the summary section is only 1.21BB/hour.
My overall winrate is 1.34BB/100.</font>
Old 12-10-2006, 11:28 PM

Well, this thread just made me sum up all PT stats and apperently I'm a losing player without any bonuses!
Variance + playing bad + some minor tilt = - BB/100
My stats are for 263 hours (MTT little less than 2) at various limits (mainly $5/$10) and I'm about -8.4$ in red/hour.
RB and that I played the best bonuses made up for this but I guess my hourly rate was not much bigger than $10/hr.

Guess 5/10 is too difficult for me to master (was winning at 3/6).
At least I have PT, I though I was playing quite OK but realize I kind of suck.
To top this, the stats come from Party, Crypto, Stars and I was winning at Crypto and losing really bad at Stars!
So now that Crypto $5/$10 is dead and only Stars shine, this is even more disheartening.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Winning just 1BB/100 while 3 tabling 10/20 would obviously easily cover $35 an hour.
I would expect any regular 2plus2er playing stakes of 5/10 and above would make this rate.

[/ QUOTE ]
And how many regulars on this forum do you think have been 3 tabling 10/20 all year long? My guess would be about zero. I doubt there are many who've even averaged 3 tables/hour of 5/10 for the whole year. My MT Ratio for instance for the whole year at all 6max limits is 1.72. That's just me, however, I'm pretty sure most peoples BB/100 drops considerably with each table added at 6max, especially over 2 tables and the higher you go in limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm. I think I just kinda assumed most on here were making over $50 an hour because you all seem to talk a lot of sense.
I will also follow this thread closely.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing .02/.04 at the beginning of the year. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW Tom, the reason you haven't made much money is because you play pretty bad. (If you play like you post.)
Old 12-10-2006, 11:55 PM

Mine's pretty low, around $10/hour without bonuses/rb. At the beginning of the year I was playing .5/1 and played FR through 3/6 then dropped back to 1/2 to learn 6max.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:07 AM

For the record, I made about $37 and hour playing 5/10 till September. Since then I've averaged $68 an hour playing 10/20.
Then there is 30% RB which at 5/10 was very important.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't looking for estimates. I just wanted exact data right from the database.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess this post can be considered a 1.0 then. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You probably should specify in the OP.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, they could just answer anything. They could be lazy or even lie if they want to.

[/ QUOTE ]

What was that thing about exact database inquiries? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

FWIW, I don't think that this is very important albeit a fun fact. You should be able to est. reasonable earn rates unless you're a losing player and have no clue.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
inc bonus/RB ?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, not including bonus/RB.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why are we including the rake? There are only two meaningful ways to look at win rate, how much you're beating the table for in absolute terms excluding all external factors or how much you're putting into your pocket.