Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 09:34 PM

Default $2/4 stud 8/b... this too weak?

Even with a Q dead on 3rd, I figured my queens were strong enough to play especially if I could get the pot heads up. Unfortunately, this did not happen by 5th street, and with one scary low board showing and another chaser, i decided to drop the hand.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0.40, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes

4th Street - (5.45 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.73 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___folds

6th Street - (7.73 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (9.73 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (11.73 BB - $46.90)
Old 12-09-2006, 10:40 PM

Default Re: $2/4 stud 8/b... this too weak?

Third is terrible. With a dead Q I am only playing this hand if I am last to act.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:22 PM

I don't think that third was terrible, but can you really expect to get this heads-up? Given that you were called in three spots, including a dead Queen, I would guess that this game was probably loose enough that you should have been able to anticipate multi-way action. Really, your best result would be to take it down on third, but with that many people behind you, I think that's too much to hope for. I think folding is best.

I would check fourth and maybe call one bet. You're not in that great of shape, and I don't think that you're going to think the field sufficiently by betting out. Fifth is a fold.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Third is terrible. With a dead Q I am only playing this hand if I am last to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

HOWMANY's right, 3rd is bad. I might jam on 3rd if I thought I could take it down right there. If not, fold.