Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $480.70
Hero: $386
CO: $598.90
Button: $493.30
SB: $514
BB: $451.40

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $14</font>, Hero calls, 4 folds.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($34, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $24</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($82, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $66</font>, UTG calls.

River: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($214, 2 players)
UTG checks, hero??
******* Hand 2 ********

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $291.70
Hero: $464.60
Button: $471.80
UTG+1: $386
SB: $585.10
BB: $214

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $14</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $48</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($102, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $80</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $243.7</font>, Hero ??

----------------------------------
guy is 29/19/1.5

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $276.20
UTG+1: $574
CO: $339
Button: $394
Hero: $446.30
BB: $494.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $18</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $62</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($190, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $140</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $277</font>, Hero??
Old 12-10-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: 2/4 ugly spots

Hand 1: I probably would check behind on the turn. I would give up on the river.

Hand 2: Um wtf is the question? Bet less on the flop if you bet at all.

Hand 3: Good god dude these are reraised pots and 772r, 994 boards against [censored] with short stacks wtf are you doing betting full pot, but slightly less than their stack. If I'm betting, I'm going all-in probably.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:51 PM

Hand 1: Check behind turn and try to get to showdown.

Hand 2 and 3: A continuation bet in a reraised pot does not need to be nearly so large. Especially on a paired flop. I'd lead for about 1/2 pot. Easy fold to both pushes.

Gutpunch, don't take this the wrong way, but with a lot of these hands you have posted, you don't play them well. At first I thought you've been on a downswing, and you were posting hands from the villain's view...showing how you got sucked out on when they made awful calls. But the stats are different each time. I think you might want to step down limits and work on your game.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:35 PM

your bet sizes really suck here.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:59 PM

hand 2: just call preflop

hand 3: with two callers of your $62 pf raise, one of them probably has a pocket pair and isn't folding it; you should probably just check the flop.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2: just call preflop

hand 3: with two callers of your $62 pf raise, one of them probably has a pocket pair and isn't folding it; you should probably just check the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

hand 2: He has AQ. I'm probably 3betting this preflop 80% of the time.
Old 12-10-2006, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Check behind turn and try to get to showdown.

Hand 2 and 3: A continuation bet in a reraised pot does not need to be nearly so large. Especially on a paired flop. I'd lead for about 1/2 pot. Easy fold to both pushes.

Gutpunch, don't take this the wrong way, but with a lot of these hands you have posted, you don't play them well. At first I thought you've been on a downswing, and you were posting hands from the villain's view...showing how you got sucked out on when they made awful calls. But the stats are different each time. I think you might want to step down limits and work on your game.

[/ QUOTE ]

is 1/2 pot just as effective as say 2/3's? I feel if I bet 1/2 potish it will be looked at as very weak.

Most of the hands I am posting are from a recent breakeven stretch of about 30K hands from the previous couple months. I appreciate your insight and the fact that you have replied to most of the hands I have put up here. I am obviously posting these hands, (and many more to come) so I can improve my play.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I probably would check behind on the turn. I would give up on the river.

Hand 2: Um wtf is the question? Bet less on the flop if you bet at all.

Hand 3: Good god dude these are reraised pots and 772r, 994 boards against [censored] with short stacks wtf are you doing betting full pot, but slightly less than their stack. If I'm betting, I'm going all-in probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

1)The dude with his stats isn't folding a piece of this flop and your hand has a showdown value, so check behind the turn.
I might bluff the river sometimes, but not against this guy.
River didn't counterfeit his A9, so he's calling.If he has any A, he is calling too.
Just give up.

2)Cbet less.Fold to the allin.Nothing to think about, really.

3)I wouldn't even bother cbetting this flop most of the times with a raiser that called your reraise and a cold caller .Someone probably has low-med pp and stacking off.Ak might not let go as well.Save the monies.Or bet 1/2 the pot if you bet, don't commit yourself.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:16 AM

Hand 1: He will call you down with any A or K in his hand if you bet so just give up as you should have earlier - he might have a busted flush, but do you really wanna find it?

Hand 2: Insta-Fold

Hand 3: Check - Fold if you got nothing - where do you want to take your value from?

I ran break-even for the last 40k hands - and its exactly crap like this why i´m break even, you just dont get sufficient value out of such plays to make them profitable ever...
Old 12-11-2006, 12:55 PM

Hand #1, reraise preflop and if you get called. Bet the flop and you win. Senario 2,reraise min preflop and if you get reraised, your hand is dead.

Hand #2, muck
Hand #3, muck, chances are good they're playing a small pocket just like you were in hand one and that means your beat. Throw in the towel. You don't realize how strong a raise is in NL poker. It not only gives you information but most importantly it gives your oponent doubts. It gives you a chance to take control! Baitem up