Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Live 5/5 game AQ flops doublegutter in huge pot

[ QUOTE ]
This is a perfect spot for you LP player to pickup a nice pot with so much "dead" money in the pot. It is a move he could be making with any two cards. Your flat call/check screams draw and it is very easy for him to fire the second barrel knowing you are folding 9/10 times.

On the flop you need to RR or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the balls of the re-raise on the flop. Do you do this often on this kind of action? You ever fold to AI on the turn if called? Just curious.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Live 5/5 game AQ flops doublegutter in huge pot

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a perfect spot for you LP player to pickup a nice pot with so much "dead" money in the pot. It is a move he could be making with any two cards. Your flat call/check screams draw and it is very easy for him to fire the second barrel knowing you are folding 9/10 times.

On the flop you need to RR or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the balls of the re-raise on the flop. Do you do this often on this kind of action?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it is not a common play of mine. I need to have a solid read on the table, especially the LP player making the play, have the right table image myself and the right players in the game. As described by the OP I am making this play a lot here. It really smells like a move or a hand where I can get a better hand to lay down.

[ QUOTE ]
You ever fold to AI on the turn if called? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

The vast majority of the time when I use this, everyone is folding or pushing. If I am called, I have first action. I need to pickup and strong draw or higher pair than the board to call an AI assuming I check or lead for less than AI.