Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2006, 06:05 AM

Default Re: How Come No One Says Stuff Like

I think the real reason no one says stuff like this is that the few people who are smart enough to see it that way are also smart enough to understand that everyone hates it when they speak about loaded issues and say that both sides are right and important, but side x is slightly more important.

P.S. I think you should subsitute the word fetish for deviation.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:09 AM

Um, the vast majority of people don't think as logically as you, or for that matter, logically at all?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Secondly, at least in the world of male homosexuals, monogamy is a rarity. The risk of disease is very high and the environment to raise a child is lacking. Neither of those makes for a good situation in which to bring up a young child. There are of course monogamous gay relationships in which a healthy child could be raised, but those are much more rare and frankly the adoption system doesn't have the resources to investigate the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should monogamy be a prerequisite for adoption?
Old 12-10-2006, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure everyone is getting my point. I'm not talking about being merely "outspoken".

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're talking about those two specifics, I would guess that many people do say, if not the exact phrase you used, such things about homosexuality, it's not reported on or thought a great deal of simply because the vast majority of right minded people couldn't give two [censored] either way. - in terms of gay couples adopting, I belive this has happened already in the UK, so is obviously not considered such an issue over here, although that was definitely not true until relatively recently.

Quick link about a 1983 book which led, indirectly to Thatcher's introduction of section 28 Jenny Lives with Eric and Martin

and a futher link highlighting the futility of this kind of simpering, knee jerk, political point scoring Useful legislation?

As far asthe abortion side of things goes, is it necessary for people to come out and say this when abortion is entirely legal and morally acceptable anyway? Again, I guess this is probably more of an issue in the US, where blockading abortion clinics is a weekend passtime of the fundamentalist Christian right.

Just to prove that I'm not being anti-US in these comments, we've got stupider cuntwits than you. When I was living in South Wales a few years ago, a local paediatrician was forced to leave the area after her house was pertrol bombed by the local intelligentsia who saw the brass plaque on the gatepost and weren't aware of the differences between paediatricians and paedophiles. It really is a scary world sometimes.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly because bringing strange men into the house with a child to have sex makes for a very awkward childhood.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Secondly, at least in the world of male homosexuals, monogamy is a rarity. The risk of disease is very high and the environment to raise a child is lacking. Neither of those makes for a good situation in which to bring up a young child. There are of course monogamous gay relationships in which a healthy child could be raised, but those are much more rare and frankly the adoption system doesn't have the resources to investigate the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stability is preferable for a child. Relationships that involve sex outside the partnership are more likely to break down.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:28 AM

Default Why should monogamy be a prerequisite for adoption?

So kids can learn the value of buying and maintaining real estate and that true happiness is to be found in making financial gains of the back of other people's misfortune.

Oh [censored], you said monogamy.
Old 12-10-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And engaging in the mild sexual deviation of homosexuality is preferable to the torment some people would go through if they tried to change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seinfeld already said it quite eloquently: "Not that there's anything wrong with that..."
Old 12-10-2006, 10:23 AM

I don't want to respond to the homosexuality part of this post as it simply doesn't interest me. As to your claims about abortion I think that is the worst justification I have encountered. You said that the fetus is unaware of its own existance and therefore killing it is not that big a deal. If you are suggesting that the value of human life is derived from a person's awareness, then one could justify the killing of newborns as well as the severely retarded. I don't think any one except a sociopath could justify those types of killings. You did qualify that this opinion on abortion related to medical research and to protect the mother but do you draw the line somewhere?
Old 12-10-2006, 11:57 AM

I think because basically these activities were historically associated with greater evil things.