Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you want...
more government 10 14.93%
less government 57 85.07%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2006, 08:23 PM

Default Re: rongsht

[ QUOTE ]
I won over anout 2 bb/100 for around three years with over 100k hands per month.. Then I proceeded to lose for 13 of 14 months at a rate of over 1.5 bb/100 with vurtually the same Vpip/pfr/aggro and position stats.

I know 3 people that had over $500,000 BRs who were established players go completely bustovia in less than a years time... Im not saying it will happen to you, but pray it doesnt because there is no worse feeling than knowing that every time you log in you are going to play well and lose somewhere between 10-100 bb

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I'm going to choose not to believe you so I can sleep at night.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:36 PM

Schneids for stake.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:11 PM

I've played with you at Canterbury multiple times over the past few years, but not in the last 6 months. You were playing really well then, and obviously killing live/online. Don't know what to tell you, worst downswing I've had is around 420BBs... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I'd say take a break, but for how long I don't know. It's hard to take long breaks, especially if you feel you're playing well. It probably helps with the psychological part, as far as starting "fresh".
Old 12-09-2006, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, the whole 1,000 BB thing is seriously flawed. I am quite sure you didnt play extremely poorly, and I know for absolute fact that I didnt when I managed to lose all my money. I think it is rare, but I would say that it will affect 10-15% of winning players at some point, given a long enough period of play.

Nobody seems to belive this is possible, as a matter of fact, I am pretty sure you chimed in that I must have been playing bad when I lost mine, on a thread a year or so ago.. Also, you ran disgusting at Party for quite some time.. I didnt have that to fall back on

[/ QUOTE ]

WHO ARE YOU???

[/ QUOTE ]

Ray Zee, obv. (p.s., Ray, plz don't hurt me.)
Old 12-09-2006, 09:51 PM

"mmmm craps. I'm not a baller though."

i can confirm this. he was a lightweight when we rolled the dice and that was back when he was a millionaire.

sometimes you run good and then you run bad. but then you run good again. it will pass.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:03 PM

bk,

Just be happy this streak happened now instead of earlier in your poker career.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bk,

Just be happy this streak happened now instead of earlier in your poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I'm very thankful for this.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I won over anout 2 bb/100 for around three years with over 100k hands per month.. Then I proceeded to lose for 13 of 14 months at a rate of over 1.5 bb/100 with vurtually the same Vpip/pfr/aggro and position stats.

I know 3 people that had over $500,000 BRs who were established players go completely bustovia in less than a years time... Im not saying it will happen to you, but pray it doesnt because there is no worse feeling than knowing that every time you log in you are going to play well and lose somewhere between 10-100 bb

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Sklansky say a while back that he thought many of the best Internet players had lucked onto a strategy that could beat the very loose style of the Internet games, but that those same players would not be able to beat the game if it changed because those players did not understand the theory behind their play? I wonder if that is what is happening here. Perhaps you guys were very good at extracting money from loose Internet games, but now that the games have tightened up you are playing a losing style? If that is true, then you guys might never be able to beat the games again unless you luck into a strategy that can beat today's tight games.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:54 AM

lol.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't Sklansky say a while back that he thought many of the best Internet players had lucked onto a strategy that could beat the very loose style of the Internet games, but that those same players would not be able to beat the game if it changed because those players did not understand the theory behind their play? I wonder if that is what is happening here. Perhaps you guys were very good at extracting money from loose Internet games, but now that the games have tightened up you are playing a losing style? If that is true, then you guys might never be able to beat the games again unless you luck into a strategy that can beat today's tight games.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, that must be it.