Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 03:22 AM

Default 99 hand against unknown...

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

I was originally thinking of C-Ring the turn.

What do you guys think?
Old 12-09-2006, 03:36 AM

Default Re: 99 hand against unknown...

I'd fold the flop even if UTG+1 wasn't hanging around.

Villian has to have exactly AQ and be willing to call for your river bet to make any sense. He isn't going to fold a hand that beats you and what else could he have that you beat?
Old 12-09-2006, 03:38 AM

I dont like it all, but not sure how Id play it. Ill prob donk the flop. If raise I guess fold here, as your only going to check/fold turn and your not getting the odds to hit your 2outer so may as well fold now,.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:44 AM

Table texture would be nice, reads would help also. I like the Iso-raise PF. After MP3 3-bets you tho, and UTG+1 calls 99 isn't looking so hot anymore. I may bet fold the flop ( i dont care about table image! haha), but as played just fold the flop, you have two opponents and will most likely lose, given the action
Old 12-09-2006, 03:55 AM

If I was gonna c/r, I think I'd do it on the flop. But I do that and get shown JJ all the f'ing time. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-09-2006, 04:26 AM

I'd probably just check/fold the flop. There isn't much you're ahead of anymore and I don't know if you can force a fold from TT-QQ on this board, although you could probably slow them down. On the turn, I'd probably take one off since you now have some more outs to suck out on half of the TT-AA combos as well as 3/4 of the AK hands and are now getting close to the odds to draw to 6.5 outer or so.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:29 AM

**grunch**

If you bet the flop I think it's fair to assume that an underpair will poss. raise (b/c of the FD) or call you down, a flush draw will poss. raise or call down &amp; KK or AA will probably just pop you there and then. The only time a bet here is good is when villain holds AQ and then you get an insta-fold.

Is it worth investing a bet here &amp; poss. more on the turn in this situation? Surely this must be totally dependant upon your reads on villain? What will he 3-bet with? Is he weak enough to fold an underpair?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:36 AM

I don't like 99 in a three way pot even with only one overcard on the board when the player acting behind me is the aggressor.

You really need a good read to do anything but check-fold this flop. If this guy is a maniac, I'm willing to cap with him. Against 95% of all players at this level, I just check-fold.