Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 07:04 AM

Default ripped off by extreme fitness whats my next move?

Last year i signed a 1 yr contract that ended June 2006 with extreme fitness ( i was 17 at the time and lied about my age and i was an idiot so i didn't keep a copy of the contract ). I was charged after 2006 monthly i called in july and august and they said they had cancelled my accoutn then i called again in september and they said i had oustanding personal trainer fees, i was like wtf and i was so fed up at this point i just flat out asked the guy how much will it cost me to end this stupid [censored] contract and he said to terminate a contract was a 250 dollar charge so i paid it. 2 months without being billed and now December comes along...... i get billed again...... wuts my next move? I would go to small claims court but im worried that they will file counter-suit about the age thing and how i lied blah blah blah i get screwed. Or if i jsut call bank since i have preauthorized payment plan from my checking account to extreme fitness for the contract i could just unauthorize the payments, but then like 25 yrs from now wut if they go ok you owe us 5 million dollars or something. No idea what to do.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:14 AM

Default Re: ripped off by extreme fitness whats my next move?

You didn't lie about your age. You didn't lie about your age.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:26 AM

what do you mean and how do u kno? im pretty sure i did
Old 12-09-2006, 07:29 AM

Dude, you're fine. Just cancel the withdraws through your bank. And no, no you didn't. If I had to guess, I'd say the salesperson talked you into taking your birthdate down by a year.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:36 AM

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff194763.htm

thats a link for a guy that has been trying to cancel his membership for about 2 yrs it has been 'cancelled' 5 times now and each time he is rebilled a few months later

like the guy cancelled his credit card and he was still billed although i don't understand how that is even possible im very scared / angry
Old 12-09-2006, 07:42 AM

david3p,

if you are going to take action small claims court is definitely the way to go. they will not counter sue for your age, in fact the fact that you were that age gives you a choice to void the contract for incompentancy (minors), so i'd sue and make sure you get a lawyer who knows how to exploit the discovery process and rip them off for a big settlement!

but if you want to go to small claims court yourself, that's fine too, but i'm almost certain there is a scumbag lawyer out there willing to do a class action type of suit or something for all the other guys together...
Old 12-09-2006, 07:43 AM

You could have probably gotten off fine without paying the cancellation fee, but you paid it! You're fine, if anything you will be taking them to small claims court if they keep charging you. The underage thing that you are worried about will actually work in your favor most of the time.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:44 AM

going to court isn't somethign im very excited about but i really don't see any other way to get out of getting billed every month for th erest of my life especially after reading that other guys complaint, thank you for ur response and ne advice and how to find appropriate lawyer?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:25 AM

What the others are trying to tell you is that you are not legally obligated to pay any contract signed before 18. Just contact them and tell them the sales person told you to say you were 18. You can also ask them to refund all monies already paid. They know your lying. You know your lying. There is nothing they can do about it. They will want a copy of your DL to prove your age and then drop it because they can't win. You don't need a personal trainer. Just stick to power movements if you are just starting and then after you have built your base buy arnolds complete bb book.Much cheaper.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:52 AM

other than small claims court...see this http://www.bbb.org/