Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 06:02 PM

Default Re: Now what?

Could go either way. Call is fine, but as said your outs make the board look disgusting for AA and KK, and he's not folding these to your shove. Also some of your outs (clubs) are dirty, especially if he holds the Ac. You can call but I don't fault a fold here either.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:06 PM

Default Re: 400NL: 77 big pot, nice flop

Easy check on the flop, what you do after that depends on what cards come and what the action is, but someone almost certainly has a bigger overpair then you and your draw is kind of bad in that your straight outs have terrible implied odds. After the bet you should call.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 PM

You can call to try and hit one of your likely 10 outs. There are some turn cards that you might be able to bluff at too.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:39 PM

A weak player is not betting into this board 1/2 pot size bet without a very strong holding.

He is not bluffing at the pot.

I fold here.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A weak player is not betting into this board 1/2 pot size bet without a very strong holding.

I fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this makes sense. If he has a very strong holding he should bet full pot. So the fact that he bet pot with a strong hand would indicate he is a bad player. Which would indicate we have implied odds.

If he isnt going to pay off when we hit our straight, then we should be able to bluff at other cards, giving us enough effective outs to peel.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this makes sense. If he has a very strong holding he should bet full pot. So the fact that he bet pot with a strong hand would indicate he is a bad player. Which would indicate we have implied odds.

If he isnt going to pay off when we hit our straight, then we should be able to bluff at other cards, giving us enough effective outs to peel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what I meant. The button is slightly loose/passive. So to me they are a 'weak player.' But being passive does not fit to me doing a 1/2 pot size bet. A find that highly suspicious. I cannot see passive players dumping a 'call-able' amount into this pot without something strong.

But I see your point and what I posted was a little unclear.

I think your point about bluffing is very strong one, especially if we see weakness on the TURN and get a free card. What level of bet do you call/raise if put to the test on the TURN if a blank hits?

What worries me in these positions is when the min-raiser is doing so with suited connectors. It's happened often enough that I was drawing to the str8 that was already made.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Now what?

I call for the reasons others have mentioned and rarely bluff here.