Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 10:16 PM

Default Re: 75$ 226 ppl bubble time controversy!

thanks for the input. the restealer had A9o and an A hit the flop. i guess the final solution here is fold and grind out the below-ave stack unless the pot were significantly bigger.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'd love to know what you decided to do. I guess you call, he has some junk hand that you have to race against and he wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Desperate,
There are a lot of things that you said today that I disagree with so I don't know why I felt the need to point this one out (maybe because its philosophy and not strategy) but results... especially in a hand like this, are truely irrelevant. This is a long run game and if you don't have a long run perspective then you are going to find yourself in places where you are losing a lot of value.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the input. the restealer had A9o and an A hit the flop. i guess the final solution here is fold and grind out the below-ave stack unless the pot were significantly bigger.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO! Please do not fall into this results oriented thinking!

I don't care if in this specific hand if you ran into pocket aces; if you think that the restealer is pushing with A9o then you made the correct call. The money in MTTs is from winning tournaments not from merely surviving in them.

Accumulate all of the chips that you can when you can and if you have a +cEV situation you should take it (there are some exceptions to this that have been and will be debated for a long time but in general it is true.)

Your mistake in this hand was not your final call but instead it was your origional raise.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your mistake in this hand was not your final call but instead it was your origional raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

so...knowing this guy likes to throw around his stack, would a limp-reraise be a good play here? this way he has fold equity and it's a small pot that i can get away from if he just checks. i like the limp play and i'll keep it in mind. thanks again, time to study for finals a.k.a. party.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'd love to know what you decided to do. I guess you call, he has some junk hand that you have to race against and he wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Desperate,
There are a lot of things that you said today that I disagree with so I don't know why I felt the need to point this one out (maybe because its philosophy and not strategy) but results... especially in a hand like this, are truely irrelevant. This is a long run game and if you don't have a long run perspective then you are going to find yourself in places where you are losing a lot of value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to know the stuff you disagree with; I came here for the discusion and debate.

While I agree that this is a long run game, I don't agree with the attitude that taking any edge, no matter how small, is the right move when I can chop up a table without taking major gambles. I love to gamble, but on my own terms. But then I understand that there are loads of different ways to play this game, so what I say will always just be my opinion, based on the way I like to play.