[ QUOTE ]
What about brownthumb!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! Who's brownthumb?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: name 3 posters you really enjoy

[ QUOTE ]
Dibs,

quids has lots of retarded stuff plus lots of quality stuff. When it comes to chicks, working out, and a few other topics, he often makes very good posts. He also seems to be a very "real" poster who just posts his opinions, not really too worried about his "online image" or whatever. He comes off as sincere, so even though he has some douchebag posts from time to time and I often disagree with his positions, I still enjoy him as a poster.

Dominic often gets self-righteous and whiny, but he also is a good writer and posts some good stories. Sure, some of these stories might be exaggerated a little or a lot, but whatever, who cares. He also is sorta funny sometimes. So, like quids, I think he sometimes has some douchebag posts, but he also can be entertaining.

db I just find incredibly boring and oftentimes trollish. See bison's description of him in (this thread? the OOT era thread?) some recent thread. Bison nailed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...you're right on about Guids...I like him but a little of him goes a long way.

Can't comment on myself, but I think it's pretty funny that what you wrote about me is exactly what I would've wrote about you. Oh, and you're vastly overrated. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I have never understood this hatred of DB...he wanted an A&E type forum, so what? When is he trollish? He's almost always smart and funny and he has never been mean to someone, as far as I can recall.

edited to include:

I know why I enjoy your posts: you're like the Sklansky of OOT. By that, I mean, you're very good at posing a seemingly innocuous question that will generate a lot of healthy and interesting discussion. For example, your recent "Are you prejudiced against fat people" thread. So, as far as I'm concerned, you rock. Even if you are vastly overrated!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never understood this hatred of DB...he wanted an A&E type forum, so what? When is he trollish? He's almost always smart and funny and he has never been mean to someone, as far as I can recall.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
otb,

Not saying it isn't true, just curious who those posters are. Tug has identified Daver as one, but I'm not sure others have been mentioned.

Note that sometimes I will not respond to people if:

a) it is a couple days after a thread has been active - I rarely will check threads in that case.

b) It is an uninteresting question from a non-regular poster "yo diablo rocky was great, apollo is my fave character how about you?"

[/ QUOTE ]

DaveR and TT are two that immediately pop into my head. I really could care less about it, I don't get as worked up about it as tuq acts like he does. I know that each of them are frequent strategy posters (even though I don't play a lot these days, I still read some strategy). It just seems that the point of some of the posts of TT (and DaveR to a lesser extent) are really more to show that they know/hang with other OOTers/2p2ers rather than to actually contribute any content. It's just my opinion, and like I said, it really doesn't matter that much to me. I've got my own cliques in real life, so it's pretty hard for me to be all that judgmental about someone acting the same way on the net.

Edit to add: I forgot to add that I really don't think anyone who is around here very much would say you fall in this category. It seems you'll pretty much engage in any thread you think is interesting no matter who is posting, IMO.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:09 PM

Nath
Gumpzilla
Surfinillini
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nath,

You and tug have mentioned this before (specifically wrt Daver). Does that really happen that much at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if it happens "much", but it's definitely noticable, especially w/r/t DaveR, who seems like he's a pretty cool guy and would be an interesting poster-- except that he only responds to a very small group of posters, no matter what other people have to say or if they're a big part of a discussion he's active in.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably standard internet forum culture anyway, but I think part of it has to do with the nature of this forum. Most of it is poker strategy, where it really pays to listen to a select few people and potentially ignore everybody else. Perhaps that mentality extends into OOT. Even in OOT, there are people I pay a lot more attention to than elsewhere, just because they're actually interesting, and I already waste too much time here as it is to troll through everything.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:14 PM

bison
el d
nate tha great

probably those 3 in that order, but also dean., josh., flawless_victory, bruiser sometimes, and evan. also Justin A and NLSoldier because so often I will be about to reply to a thread and they have already said exactly what i was gonna.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath,

In TT's defense, he started to ignore me too once I pointed out how he knew pretty much nothing about dim sum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow, this makes it even worse. So he not only ignores posters he doens't know, he also ignores posters he DOES know when they point out useful information that betrays his ignorance or exposes his air of authority as a facade? Sounds like a winner.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 gimmicks you really enjoy (not counting commodus)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Idi the Nigerian
Burlap (he counts)
darynisright
Old 12-07-2006, 09:17 PM

Burlap
Definitely
Idi the Nigerian