Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: Lacking Motivation

[ QUOTE ]
try living a more exciting life outside of poker maybe ? that sounds like what the problem is here .....

[/ QUOTE ]

Word Up.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 PM

No offense, dude but making 200K playing 2/4-5/10 is like 5 months worth of work. Deductive Reasoning is best used in situations where you know the facts and aren't making fallacious assumptions.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:55 PM

Youre FOS. There are very very few people making $500K per year playing 2/4 - 5/10 and besides, he clearly "lacks motivation" to play. Theres no way a guy without a tremendous desire to play tons of hands is going to make that much at those stakes.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Youre FOS. There are very very few people making $500K per year playing 2/4 - 5/10 and besides, he clearly "lacks motivation" to play. Theres no way a guy without a tremendous desire to play tons of hands is going to make that much at those stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

G has made all his money the right way, he obv moved up to 10/20 with a short roll, did well, moved up to 25/50 etc.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:26 PM

Thats fine. The point is that hes 19 and is pondering the meaning of life just like everyone does at that age.

I dont see what the big deal is. Maybe he suffers from depression and doesnt even know it. He obviously bothered by something because he continually quits poker, then comes back and plays even higher...then he gets disillusioned again and quits again...then comes back and plays higher.

Maybe he should go talk to a shrink. And Im not trying to be funny or antagonistic. Im serious.

Ive talked to MG quite a bit under a different name which is why I found that quoted post so easily. I knew where to find it. He seems like an overall nice guy to me, but hes troubled by something and I dont think it has anything to do with poker.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe he should go talk to a shrink. And Im not trying to be funny or antagonistic. Im serious.

Ive talked to MG quite a bit under a different name which is why I found that quoted post so easily. I knew where to find it. He seems like an overall nice guy to me, but hes troubled by something and I dont think it has anything to do with poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your a spoiled little rich prick who has no respect for money

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Or shut the hell up

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...you're not very consistent, are you?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I started 5/10 last June, and had 15K to my name then. I took a shot at 10/20 in mid-July with 30K. I ran hot and had 100K by mid-September. Broke even until end of January. Between then and now I have worked my way up and never played any stakes without being rolled for it. I don't care what you believe, there are dozens of people reading this who can confirm it, and I don't think even you are dumb enough to believe that any parents in their right minds would give their children hundreds of thousands of dollars to play online poker.

As far as the job thing, I had a 25hr/wk up until about two months before I posted that. You see, when I said I never had a real job it meant that I never had a job that paid significants of money, and that I never had to sustain myself from a job. But I'm glad you took hours to dig that up.

I'm done with you. You are worthless and add nothing constructive. Peace.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:08 AM
 is offline

What is the meaning of life?
Old 12-08-2006, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there are dozens of people reading this who can confirm it

[/ QUOTE ]

word.

fwiw OP is, in my opinion, one of the top 5 NL players on Stars and def. EARNED every penny in his roll.

as far as this whole thread is concerned...G, you just need to try and figure out what you want to accomplish at this point with poker. You may find you have already done everything there is to do. I mean once I beat SuperMarioBros it was still pretty sweet to go back and play now and again but at some point I had to move on (Donkey Kong obv)...maybe there is something else out there for you to become passionate in. IMO best way to figure some of this stuff out is to take a break (like a real one not just a day or two) and then come back to it and see how you feel...if you don't get any feeling out of it like you used to then [censored] it move on...

that's all i got and i'll see u at pca im guessin (1/2 nl blind all ins?)

tdome
Old 12-08-2006, 12:28 PM

Did you use to play in UB Ultimate points (or whatever they are called) sit n gos like, over four years ago? I remember a Mad Genius there and I thought he was pretty good at the time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (Stuck with me because I just found Mike Caro's website)
Old 12-08-2006, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all I said 200K. Secondly, I have. Thirdly, I've played with Mad Genius and he plays better than me. Fourthly, I think you need to speak to psychiatrist.